• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

reptile expo in columbus,ohio

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just got back from the reptile expo in columbus and everyone was helpful but their are somethings that I did not like. For instance I was standing behind a guy and he asked to see a breeder's uros and the breeder didn't ask him to use and sanitizer at all before and neither did the breeder and i saw him handling tons of different reptiles. People please use sanitizer before and after you are handling your herp and most of all other herps you do not want to take home any diseases that other herps may have. My second bummer was the place was so crowded everyone was on top of each other ppl were almost knocking things off of display tables. If you guys are going to have these expos please coordinate them better then they are because you guys set an example for people who have herps and are breeding them

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with your views on sanitation. Other than that, sounds like a good day 4 business at the show. What was the selection of animals like?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
4 sure, there's a grip of cash 2 get with snakes.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
one thing i noticed is that alot of people breed crickets but few breed roaches. only a 2 people had roachs for sell and they only had like 16 bowls apiece a person could really dominate down here if they bred on a large scale im trying to start my own colony

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i totally agree with using sanitizer. . . i even have it attached to my book bag so any1 can use it and have a small bottle in my bag. . . my first show i saw a guy go to the bathroom and then eat his chilli fries then wipe them off on his shirt then go pick up a python and i told my best friend about it and he is the "boss" and walked up took the snake squirted the sanitizer in his hands and told him he was nasty and walked away and guy got so embarrassed that he put his hands in his pockets and didnt touch anything else. . . . but dealing with the whole people crowd is all part of reptiles shows its annoying at first but you get used to it bc most people just are there to look and pass on so if you want somthing just make you plenty of room in the center and see the snake or whathave you and take your time and people will go around and it seems to work for me. . . try that next time and also a lot of respectful vendors will have sanitizer somewhere on the table or if you ask they have it or if you ever run into me i have plenty haha

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my first expo i went to it was slammed back with about 150 venders. . . then when i went back a few months later there were only about 100 venders and some of those were slack in animals like they weere selling stickers or jewlery that deal with reptiles. . . every time is different unless you go to a "mega" that every1 goes to and its just over whelming but awsome at the same time haha

Latest posts