• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ReptiGlo 10.0 Info

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, I need you help guys and gals! I have been searching high and low for several days now for the report on the RepiGlo 10.0 bulbs being bad and I can't find it. Does anyone have the link? It used to be on the UVguide.com website but I cant find it.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the link but like Janie said that's a bit old. The 8.0 was actually a decent bulb for Exo-Terra. I think I may be able to get information from a member from another forum. If I get it I will definitely share.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
there have not been any studies on it since that one came out and the masses said "oh lord" and got rid of their repti glo bulbs. I do however know a few folks that never changed over and never had a problem

I personally think a ton of the health issues(eye problems mainly) that people have with the different UV lights (other than low output from the lower percentage bulbs) is due to the rediculous belief that you need to have your animal within 6 inches of the bulb for proper absorption. I have never bought into this and personally keep my animal 10-12 inches away from tube bulbs and 16-18 away from a mvb.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I partially believe that the problems aren't ALL the bulbs but some from the batch kinda like the Powersun, Megaray, and T-Rex Active UV issues. I personally prefer Zoo Med products over Exo-Terra but their past ReptiGlo's weren't all that bad. I used the 8.0 for the longest with success.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used the Reptiglo 8.0 for many years. Only switched to the 10.0 during Spyro's last year of life. Have to say honestly there wasn't a whole lot of difference between the two.

As for the Reptiglo 10.0....I knew of too many "coincidences" of the Reptiglo 10.0 where there were problems. I would have to side to the cautious side and stay away from it.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow! I haven't seen the 8.0's in a while! They are discontinued that's why they are so hard to find.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They've been discontinues for well over a year now.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sarah just brought me home a Repti Glo 8.0. It says 8% UVB compared to 10% from Reptisun. She paid $7.00 for it and I thought I would save it for a back up in a pinch. Anybody feel strongly against this bulb or have any reason why THEY wouldn't feel comfortable using it in this way?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Used for many years with no problem. To be perfectly honest I didn't see any difference when I went from the Reptiglo 8.0 to the Reptisun 10.0

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Great. Thanks guys. All 3 of my fixtures are 36" so I was thrilled when she found it. There was only one there though. Wondering why they discontinued this bulb in the first place.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Probaby because they came out with the 10.0 and figured they would make more money. That bit them in the butt since the 10.0's aren't known to be a good bulb.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
LOL Lisa!!! Thought I was the only one who used that term!!!

Do you remember what kind of trouble they were having with the 10.0?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The Reptiglo 10.0 had effect on some (not all) with their eyes mainly. I am not sure of the specifics, I would have to go back and read up on it again, I just know that people who used it and had problem, as soon as the changed it out, their beardies cleared up.

Latest posts