• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recommendation

Nallyman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I'm in the process of getting my first BD but before purchasing I'm wanting to build his enclosure it's going to be 4'x2'x2' wanting to build it out of wood but wondering what the safest wood to use is. I don't like the look of melamine but am willing to use it as a skin on the inside if needed just want the outside to look like a nice piece of the furniture in living room

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, I've never built a bearded dragon cage but I've heard that Birch plywood is the best kind of wood. Now I do have experience with melamine and I would not suggest using it as it cracks, brakes, and chips a lot. I used it in a snake rack and could not even imagine making a bearded dragon cage out of it!