• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Re: Poor Poor Pogie - She is sick - UPDATE !!!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Re: Poor Poor Pogie - She is sick

fingers and toes are crossed.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

20 grams isn't all that much. I'd give that medicine time to work...

Keep strong, Monique.. We are all pulling for you.
Hope this helps.

Thanx Janie & Sandra it helps knowing that you guys here on my "other home" are pulling for me.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Here is another slurry mix that might help. It is Ladyknites mixture.

Use good greens (collard, mustard, endive, turnip, butternut squash)
crix
calcium
water or pedilyte
acidophilus

This is the starter formula. Mix into liquid in a blender. the owner will not want to use the blender again. lol.....but keep it for animals.
Syringe feed or drip on nose.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Thanx Lisa,

My exact mix was actualy more than what I posted and I think sounds OK. But will definately try to add more greens.
My mix was
Butternut
2 crickets
2 silkworms
"magic" water
calcium powder
protexin (probiotc powder)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Just a quick update.
Pogie loves the "goop"
And I dont have to force her to eat it. ;D
I just rub her chin and she starts licking. And once she tastes it. Gosh she slurps it up. (It has to taste better than it smells)
So even if I couldnt get the 6ml for the day (As recommended by the vet) into her, I got 4ml into her spread out in 1ml feedings since this morning @9. Plus the kiwi from this morning.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

YAY...she is at least eating it on her own

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Glad she is eating the goop!

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Pogie. I don't know many people who would go to the lengths that you have to keep her alive and well. Best wishes to both of you and don't blame yourself you're only doing good for her. I'm glad to hear she is improving.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

Glad to hear P seems to have turned a corner.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

I am so sorry I missed this. I haven't been on the net in ages. Thanks Lisa for answering her question about the slurry for me. I have a mini blender that is the dragons only. All three of mine eat pudding in the morning. I usually use collards, mustard and either dandelion or turnip greens with a bit of water and blend away. To make juice, I just add more water or if one looks dehydrated I will add pedialyte.

Mine love steamed squash that is mashed.

Looks like Pogie is doing better. Like the others have said try not to stress to much.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Hi all.

Well she had her last round of shots yesterday. The vet says the liver swelling has gone down a lot. Now it will just take time for the meds to finish the job.
I should still offer foods and if she doesnt eat out of her own free will by around 4PM, give the assisted feeds daily so she doesnt waste away completely. Were downing the dose from 6ml daily to 2-4ml. So her appetite can remain, but she can get some nutrients in her too.

We weighed her again, she gained 6.5 gramms since wednesday. YIPPEEEE, but then also she hasnt pooped since wednesday and got some syrunge feeds, so that could also account for the weight gain. But at least she didnt lose more. Id be happy if she just stayed where shes at now. No gain & no loss.

If theres NO improvement in 1 months time, she has to go back. So well see what time brings.

She did take a bite (only 1 but its something) of her salad this morning.
I got some cool advice on how to check if the salad gets eaten (Dont know why I didnt think of this myself) but the vet said to weigh her salad when I give it, and again when I remove it. If gramms are missing (taking evaporation into account although I mist her salad constantly during the day) then she ate some.

Will keep you guys posted

Today so far she has just been hiding & sleeping under her platform. Its really hot today with the house ambient temps at 90.8 :eek:

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!! She ate A CRICKET !!!!

I just held it there as I usually do everyday since shes gotten sick. Usually she just bolts and hides . . . BUT tonight she ate 1

And you guys thought POOP made people happy

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Lol...great. Hopefully this is the start of a speedy recovery.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member

Congratulations! I love Pogie I think she is a classic example of how good care-taking and awareness can lead beardies back on the road to recovery quickly! You are such a good mommy.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

Great job!!! Sounds like you have her on the road to recovery...

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

LOL...her eating a cricket is just as exciting as poop. That is great to hear that she ate on her own.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member

The quotations I could pull from this website "exciting as poop" lawl. Glad to hear Pogie is getting better.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Congratulations! I love Pogie I think she is a classic example of how good care-taking and awareness can lead beardies back on the road to recovery quickly! You are such a good mommy.

Thanx SoleSky. I love her to bits too

LOL...her eating a cricket is just as exciting as poop. That is great to hear that she ate on her own.

Definately !!!

The quotations I could pull from this website "exciting as poop" lawl. Glad to hear Pogie is getting better.

Ive often wondered what people would think if they can read what we write LOL They would think we were all NUTS

Great job!!! Sounds like you have her on the road to recovery...
Lol...great. Hopefully this is the start of a speedy recovery.

I sure hope so.

Latest posts