• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rate my beardie enclosure

Evyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
DEE662FE-1C17-481E-B0F2-F79F4C3C7DFA.jpeg
DEE662FE-1C17-481E-B0F2-F79F4C3C7DFA.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please get two digital probe thermometers for surface basking temps he looks to be an adult 95-100 -- the UVB looks to be a T 8 --- it needs to be inside the tank w/ NO screen or anything over that bulb --- 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- no older than 5 months old--- I would look at upgrading to a 24" fixture w/ a T 5 bulb --- Zoo Med -- Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech are all recommended -- the substrate is a carpet? If so I would get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or you local home improvement store -- some thing w/ no groves in it for easier cleaning -- vingegar/ water 50/50 --- wipe down w/ a wet dish rag -- the hide looks small I would get him a bigger one -- if you need links to any of these things please ask -- but you need to get your surface basking temps and UVB on par -- all this is critical to his overall health and behavior --

Evyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get two digital probe thermometers for surface basking temps he looks to be an adult 95-100 -- the UVB looks to be a T 8 --- it needs to be inside the tank w/ NO screen or anything over that bulb --- 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- no older than 5 months old--- I would look at upgrading to a 24" fixture w/ a T 5 bulb --- Zoo Med -- Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech are all recommended -- the substrate is a carpet? If so I would get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or you local home improvement store -- some thing w/ no groves in it for easier cleaning -- vingegar/ water 50/50 --- wipe down w/ a wet dish rag -- the hide looks small I would get him a bigger one -- if you need links to any of these things please ask -- but you need to get your surface basking temps and UVB on par -- all this is critical to his overall health and behavior --
Yeah I will definitely switch to a probe thermometer, right now I do have a thermometer on his rock but I can see the need for one on the basking spot up top. When I place the thermometer on the basking spot up top it reads 104 degrees. The material on the top of the tank isn’t normal screen and the holes are at least an inch wide, would that really affect the uvb output going inside the tank? The uvb output on that bulb is 10%. The substrate I’m using is a coconut husk carpeting and is not held down by any adhesive. And I will definitely be getting a new hide for him. Thanks for the input!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I will definitely switch to a probe thermometer, right now I do have a thermometer on his rock but I can see the need for one on the basking spot up top. When I place the thermometer on the basking spot up top it reads 104 degrees. The material on the top of the tank isn’t normal screen and the holes are at least an inch wide, would that really affect the uvb output going inside the tank? The uvb output on that bulb is 10%. The substrate I’m using is a coconut husk carpeting and is not held down by any adhesive. And I will definitely be getting a new hide for him. Thanks for the input!
Please show me the screen ---- what brand and bulb are you using T 8? Please get rid of the coconut its not a good substrate at all -- that and walnut shell are the worst ---

Evyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please show me the screen ---- what brand and bulb are you using T 8? Please get rid of the coconut its not a good substrate at all -- that and walnut shell are the worst ---
fac6a0d4-1160-4bfc-bf1c-fe592a26206d-png.33684

I’m not currently home so this is the best pic I could find of the top, may have slightly overestimated the width of the holes but still much wider than regular screen. The uvb is an 18 inch Lucky HERP brand T8 10.0 bulb. And I’m a little confused as to why the coconut husk is bad, only thing I could think of would be for his nails but it pulls apart fairly easy and I’ve never seen him get caught up.

Attachments

• FAC6A0D4-1160-4BFC-BF1C-FE592A26206D.png
    FAC6A0D4-1160-4BFC-BF1C-FE592A26206D.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 74

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
fac6a0d4-1160-4bfc-bf1c-fe592a26206d-png.33684

I’m not currently home so this is the best pic I could find of the top, may have slightly overestimated the width of the holes but still much wider than regular screen. The uvb is an 18 inch Lucky HERP brand T8 10.0 bulb. And I’m a little confused as to why the coconut husk is bad, only thing I could think of would be for his nails but it pulls apart fairly easy and I’ve never seen him get caught up.
Ok you can try that get the basking decor directly under it 6-8 inches and No clear plastic cover over the bulb-- please upgrade the uvb as soon as you can - the T 5 can sit on top w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above - please get a reptisun 10.0 T 8 it's a way better uvb - the coconut has certain oils that are not good for dragons

Evyn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok you can try that get the basking decor directly under it 6-8 inches and No clear plastic cover over the bulb-- please upgrade the uvb as soon as you can - the T 5 can sit on top w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above - please get a reptisun 10.0 T 8 it's a way better uvb - the coconut has certain oils that are not good for dragons
Oh ok will do, thanks

Latest posts