• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rankins/Lawsons or Vittikins (Vitticeps x Lawsons hybrid)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not looking to buy any at the moment but those to me didn't look pure compared to others I've seen.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
P. henrylawsonii Candice (black soil dragon). The name P. rankini is now defunct, it is not a recognised scientific taxa name.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks ike a lawsons dragon to me. Correct pattern and lack of the "beard cartiledge". What makes you think they are hybrids??

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In one of the pictures the head looked way off. Maybe it was just my terrible eyesight getting the best of me *scratches head*

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've actually been thinking of maybe getting a pair/trio of these little buggers recently instead of giving up on Pagonas all together. I saw some at the recent expo and their cute lol.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gee, Francis.. I certainly would support you in that.. It'd be some right nice observations now wouldn't it ?
And... just think how much more envious we would all be ;)

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Candice.......I'd call those in that picture hybrids. Hybrids typically have the size, pattern, basic characteristics and disposition of the rankins.......but they've been mixed.
the hybrids i've seen up close have behaved more or less like a PV. The Rankins I have are active little buggers. Very personable.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I guess it wasn't my eyes messing with me? I've seen pics of pure Rankins and those just didn't look it to me.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
Gee, Francis.. I certainly would support you in that.. It'd be some right nice observations now wouldn't it ?
And... just think how much more envious we would all be ;)
beardielover17 said:
I say go for it Francis!

This idea might have just been put on the back burner girls, I have just seen an absolute bargain for some pathenogenic geckoes. I was eventually going to get these gex later down the track but i have just seen an ad selling them for a price that can't be refused lol. Bynoes or prickly gecko (Heteronotia binoei), I don't know if the ones I'm looking at are the pathenogenic race, waiting for a reply on my inquiry to the seller. Fingers crossed their the pathenogenic race (though the wife thinks cloning themselves is creepy lol)

Latest posts