• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Random eating

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey,
So Charlie is 15 months old now, and few months ago he stopped eating his crickets and some of you guys recommended morio worms, which he has been eating, but he's now stopped eating again.
He has various different veggies daily (never eats them but there there) and roughly 5-7 worms per day in 2 meals. He used to eat this everyday, but is picky about where he poops (only goes in bath!)so we make sure he goes daily.. Anyway he now eats this amount in a 1-2 week period. he isnt losing weight, he's not shedding. Any ideas? like another alternative thats easy to get in UK. I've tried him again with crix n he just looks at me as if I've gone daft

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Being 15 months old, Charlie is pretty much considered adult size &\or full grown, he will likely fill out a bit more as he ages. It is about the time to stop feeding Prey daily, now every other day is good, then in a few months down to 2-3 times a week. Keep fresh veggies available daily whether he eats them or not, he will when he wants to, it is not uncommon for an adult to periodically go a week or more without eating at all and this is quite normal. They aren't near as active at this age, as they used to be & are not growing as much anymore, hence the lack of shedding, it isn't growing out of his clothes, so to speak, so doesn't need new ones. They also don't need as much nourishment, for this reason.

It is also common for them not to have a Daily bowel movements, adults will often go a week plus without, this is also quite normal. Daily warm soaks are excessive, 3-4 times a month will suffice nicely, possibly upped to twice a week, if it is not eating much in the way of greens.

Keep an eye on his weight, if there is no drastic weight loss, you should have nothing to worry about.

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
cool thanks! he's still his mischievious self so i'll not worry

Latest posts