• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Raised lump on her back

TinyNinja

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is my Desi, we think she's about 6 and we were told she's a German beardie. She's perfectly healthy according to the vet, just a big girl, haha.(We got her from a friend of a friend a few years ago)

She has always been a picky eater but she's not been eating much lately so I thought maybe she was bromating. She's drinking water just fine, very alert and running around, but I think she looks skinny. This girl def loves her worms and dubias above any greens or fruits tho. LoL
I noticed this small lump a few months ago, asked a friend who also has a beardie and she said keep an eye on it but since she wasnt acting off, its probably ok. It's gotten bigger and darker, doesn't seem to hurt her when I touch it but it feels hard. I'll have to save up to take her in if I need too, but what do you guys think.
Thx for any help, she's our first beardie so please be gentle I need to be scolded. I'm still learning all about these cute and funny lil dragons.
20221114_103015.jpg
20221114_103020.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is my Desi, we think she's about 6 and we were told she's a German beardie. She's perfectly healthy according to the vet, just a big girl, haha.(We got her from a friend of a friend a few years ago)

She has always been a picky eater but she's not been eating much lately so I thought maybe she was bromating. She's drinking water just fine, very alert and running around, but I think she looks skinny. This girl def loves her worms and dubias above any greens or fruits tho. LoL
I noticed this small lump a few months ago, asked a friend who also has a beardie and she said keep an eye on it but since she wasnt acting off, its probably ok. It's gotten bigger and darker, doesn't seem to hurt her when I touch it but it feels hard. I'll have to save up to take her in if I need too, but what do you guys think.
Thx for any help, she's our first beardie so please be gentle I need to be scolded. I'm still learning all about these cute and funny lil dragons. View attachment 32996View attachment 32997
I dont know if the lump is a abcess or what I need help w/ this --- I am thinking your going to need to see a vet and soon---- www.arav.org this website will help you find a reptile vet - if your in a small area type in a bigger cities website closest to you - in the mean time please go over your UVB your using brand and bulb please - please post pics of the tank so I can better see whats going on in the tank

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got one response back here is what they have said
Could be a cyst or just a harmless blemish. They can have a vet check it out if it gets looking like it's infected or keeps growing. BTW the beardie is not skinny, it's a bit overweight, might have been heavier at one time or laid many eggs so the skin is stretched out , that's why there's loose skin. Like if a person is very obese , then loses weight there can be excess skin hanging even while they are still overweight.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

How is the area looking, are you putting anything on the bump thus far?
You could try some raw unpasteurized honey daily to see if that helps out any for him. Has it gotten
any better or had any changes?

Tracie

Latest posts