• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quick Question About Interaction with other BDs outside of the enclosure

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So we will have a new baby beardie very soon & already have our Iggy who's 5 months old. They will be kept separate & I'm not going to breed them.. my question is, can they ever interact? Do I need to always keep them apart or can they be allowed to interact when I am there to supervise? I don't mean so they can play or anything like that, but can my daughter & I sit & watch tv next to each other with our dragons on us? I have a separate large container that I feed Iggy in so I can keep his tank clean, can I feed them both in there together?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is best to keep them separate. You may be able to do the lap thing while watching TV because you both will have separate control of your BDs. Even supervised, they are very quick & it only takes a split second to cause an injury serious enough loose a limb, other amputation or worse. You will have the issue of different sized Dragons, which is never a good plan together. You also will have the mating attempts happening later on. Because you mentioned breeding, I take it you will have a male & female & if you don't want breeding you must keep them separate, particularly with a younger female. You really don't want her to "Accidentally" become Gravid long before her body is ready, which should be at least 18 months old & 350-400g.

As for feeding together, NO!. This is one of the issues of housing them together, the dominant dragon will get the best food, if it allows the sub to have any at all. Serious injuries can happen very quickly in a close environment over food.

Latest posts