• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quick poop question.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
lol that's good. eating the greens nemore?
Very little but this may change, I'm starting with fresh veggies every morning and giving her live food only after kyuubi has been up for a while and had a change to eat some greens for breakfast. I am hoping this way when she wakes up hungry and there are no crickets to eat she will eat the greens in hunger maybe?

She(idk why I'm calling it she, just easier) is eatting a few greens but not as much as she should.

She's still off to a great start, I'm actually hand giving her water by putting some on my finger tip and holding it over her mouth. This actually works and she drinks it. This way she will remember me as a source of good and it will keep her relaxed.

Had another bath today and she swam around some too so she's doing great

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That sounds like such a good way to get your beardie acclimated to you! The greens will come with time, don't force them at her young age. It's a blessing she's eating them so well already! If you're worried though, you can try feeding her the crickets under the greens so they move while the crickets are trying to get out, just make sure the greens are piled on loosely so it doesn't suffocate them. That's it... that's all the advice I have :(

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
good, gr8 2 hear ur baby's doing well! :) most beardie owners wait 2 hrs after lights have turned on, feed greens than wait a few hours l8tr & feed live food. u can do the same thing as ur doing w/ur finger, w/a water dripper. it's pretty much like a lil, mini turkey bastor

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The finger is more personal for me, I want him to get used to me in as many ways possible.

By the way I checked it's gender today very carefully and it is a he, no mistaking it. Yay kyuubi is a he

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The finger is more personal for me, I want him to get used to me in as many ways possible.

By the way I checked it's gender today very carefully and it is a he, no mistaking it. Yay kyuubi is a he
Awesome! So glad you found out! Are you going to keep kyuubi or go with something more masculine?

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awesome! So glad you found out! Are you going to keep kyuubi or go with something more masculine?
going to have a first middle, and last name. depending on if he keeps his orange colors i would like to call him naruto. if not im sticking wit kyuubi

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
question, is the white part of the poo the leftover powder from the crickets? does this mean hes not absorbing the powder or is it just some white crap haha

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The white part is called 'Urate' - That's the equivalent to our pee ;) or how they pee.

Bryce Anthony

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That's actually Uric Acid. Same white substance that you see in bird poop. Mammals get rid of our uric acid (in a different form) in our urine. Reptiles and birds just get rid of it as a white solid in their feces. It helps them to reduce water loss. So you'll see that every time he poops. Totally normal.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
thanks guys, i was just conecting the dots in my head and giving myself a hard time. i was like "oh no im doing somthing wrong) totally normal, ok cool. thanks guys

Latest posts