• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Questions about my beardies walk, morph, and tail

Truff11

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is my Bearded dragon Helios. Im curious on what his morph is? What I am concerned about right now is his walk. It almost seems like his back legs aren't moving and he's dragging them along. Does this look okay or am I just tripping? Also does his tail seem nipped and a discolored from the rest of his body. I provided some picture of him to help identify his morph, as well as a video. Thank you!

Link to pictures of Helios

https://imgur.com/a/Y0lnISo

Video
IMG_0963.jpg
IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0965.jpg
IMG_0963.jpg
of his walk

Attachments

• IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0989.JPG
    IMG_0989.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 25

annambucher

Bearded Dragon Egg
That does not look normal to me. I would definitely contact a vet. Has he been eating and pooping normally? Has he been shedding normally?

Truff11

Bearded Dragon Egg
Eats and poops regularly. He is about 4 months and only seen him shed 3 times maybe. He can be a picky eater and sometimes just wont eat. I'm worried and just wanted to have more opinions on this before i spend money on a vet...

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
What are you feeding him? Are you dusting his insects with calcium and multivitamins? What type of UVB light do you have, and how old is it?

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
And yes, his tail definitely looks nipped. Keep an eye on it. Make sure you don’t leave any roaches or crickets alive in his tank.

Truff11

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are you feeding him? Are you dusting his insects with calcium and multivitamins? What type of UVB light do you have, and how old is it?

Thanks for replying! I got him this August at a local pet store , I had him for 4 months. He was just a hatchling (as the clerk told me) so i'm assuming he's around 4 months. So if you look at the video, I have the t5 fixture in the back and an Exo Terra bulb in the hood. I'm replacing the Reptisun 10.0 t5 with a new bulb as its coming up to 6 months now. He is eating fine, the insects I feed him are dusted each time, adequate in size and he poops regularly, so i'm assuming no impaction is present. Temp gun shows temperatures of 95-110F in his basking areas. I'm actually very confused as to why he is developing MBD as I feel like my husbandry is fine. His walk right now is quite uneasy and tail seems nicked for some odd reason.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah, everything sounds good and right. And he’s awfully cute. I’m so sorry you’re having these issues! Do you have a good reptile vet near you?

annambucher

Bearded Dragon Egg
Looks like your doing everything right to me too. I wish you the best of luck in the future!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The Reptisun T5 should be good for about 10 months on top of the mesh like that. What are you measuring your temps with and what are the temps?

He looks good, it is a little weird that he walks with his back legs out like that, I don't see them being dragged, he just walks funny. I really would have a vet check done on him and have a fecal test done. A 4 month old should be wanting to eat all the time, he does look a little thin by the tail base. Parasites could cause them to not want to eat.

Latest posts