• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

question about weird noise

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
ok so today Misty made a weird sound when i was trying to get her used to my hand. she opened her mouth and made a not really wheezing noise but a high pitch sound, is that a defense mechanism or something?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Poop is not the best diet for your BD ;) , but there are a few Dragons that think it should be for some reason & not by accident. The trick is to clean out it's poop as soon as you notice it.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could be a defense response, if it continues though, could be something like a respiratory infection. If it only happened the once, I wouldn't worry about it. In all the years that I have been around these critters, I have not heard a sound out of one.

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
it happened twice today, one right after the other, both times was when my hand was nearing her. but she has calmed down some since then

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I forgot where I read it but I have heard of dragons making noises in rare isolated circumstances. I haven't heard it myself. I will try to find out where I heard this. It would be useful to have linked here

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So long as your BD is not showing any symptoms of a respiratory infection I wouldn't worry about it. They do have the ability to make noise and will occasionally do so (or so I've read, I've only ever heard them make noise when one has had a respiratory infection).

Latest posts