• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about uvb lighting

kobe24

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys i have a question. My dragon doesnt seem to go up on his branch where his uvb bulb, is this a bad thing. Is it a possibility that the light is too close. Its a reptisun 10.0 and i have a mesh top but he can get within 4 inches of it. How often should he be under the uvb light.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please post a pic of your setup & state the temp at the area under the UVB, is that where the heat bulb is also? If the temp there is not in the vicinity of 110F, that is the reason it is not going there.

kobe24

Hatchling Dragon
The temp right now under the uvb side is at 92 and under the basking spot was 103. I pointed the basking bulb over towards the stick he climbs to get to the uvb bulb so it will raise the temp. If he doesnt go under the uvb bulb enough he is going to die isnt he.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It has been mentioned to you several times now, both the UVB & the Basking\Heat Bulb must both be on the same side, both covering the basking spot, so that when it is basking, which, if your temps are correct, is where it should be the majority of the time, it will receive the benefits of the UVB at the same time. Also, I could be wrong, but in the pic it appears that the Plastic cover on the UVB fixture is still over the UVB bulb, between the Bulb & BD. If it has not already been removed,this needs to be done to receive the full benefits of the UVB.

kobe24

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks germ, i moved my basking light over towards the uvb lights and yes i took the plastic covers off the hoods. Thanks again your a really good information giver, sorry i asked the same question twice. I just really want marley to live because i had two chameleons and one only lived a year and the other only a couple months because of mouth rot. I just really want everything to be perfect for our little girl. Thanks again my man.

Latest posts