• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about fennel tops

auntiedeb99

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi all,

Today started my first delivery from a local CSA. So, I now have all sorts of new greens and veggies for both my family and my dragon. I did a search on this site and looked through the "Bearded Dragon Nutrition Content" site and found that the turnip greens, carrot tops and swiss chard are all good. But I can't find any info on fennel. The fennel bulbs are topped by copious quantities of feathery greens that I hate to waste. But I can't keep it for long either and there are only a few recipes I have that call for fennel greens.

So, are fennel greens safe to feed in large quantities? BTW, I did feed him some turnip greens, a little fennel greens and swiss chard a few minutes ago and he ignored his crickets and dove into his salad! I guess "fresh from the farm" (as in picked yesterday) salad is better than store bought!

Thanks!

Deb A.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yup fennel is safe. cut up the same as all greens to use as an added mixture.

congrads on the DELUX salad

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you have seeds.. could you send me some ? Or how about a plant or two ? lol

Zip is 31406.
Janie

auntiedeb99

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks!

BTW, I don't have any fennel seeds. I just got fennel bulbs with feathery greens as part of a CSA delivery. I live in Arizona and I bought a "share" of the produce of a local farm. And thanks to multiple growning seasons, I can get farm-fresh produce weekly all year round. Although by the end of summer there isn't as much variety since the summers are too darn hot for most produce. Fall, winter and spring seasons are much better.

My bearded dragon really likes his greens!

Deb A.

Latest posts