• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

question about dusting food

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I need some help to understand. I just got my first young bearded dragon and want to know more about feeding and dusting. I got reptical with vit D3. I have sprinkled a bit onto his salad and put a few crickets into a bag and sprinkle some on them and then kinda shake them so they get a good coating on them and feed them on the first cricket feed of the day. Are there any other vitamins I need to give him or is the reptical a all in one.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The calcium should be used on the first feeding of the day 3-5 days a week and then 2 days a week you want to use a multivitamin like repcal herptivite

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
From what I have read the food MUST be dusted with a calcium so the dragons get the calcium. If They are not dusted the dragon will have problems with there bones, and can also have other problems due to the low calcium intake.

Ohh I got reptolife plus a multi vitamin for my dragons and gut load my crickets before feeding to the dragons.

ilovecacti

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yeah they wont get the proper calcium intake and might suffer from MBD (Metabolic Bone Disease)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just agreeing that the calcium is needed for their health, growth and digestion. As Brian points out, a light dusting 3-5 times a week works.

Latest posts