• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about crickets

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have half a bag of hamster food leftover from Hodini (my daughters escape hams ter that finally got away) is it ok to feed it off to the crickets?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm...I know you can feed the crickets dog food or cat food, but I've never heard about hamster food. I couldn't find anything on the web about it either. What is in hamster food?

D00UUBLEB

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Good question, I too do not know the answer but I do know half a potatoe with a piece of dog food works pretty darn good too.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hamster food is very high in fiber so no it wont hurt your beardie for your to feed it to your crix. now i suggest other food as well cause you still want the vitamins/mineral/and protein they consume from things like dog food, cat food, and premixed gut loads.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
cool thanks... i'll continue to feed them greens and baby cereal as well as the hamster food.

Latest posts