• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pygmy bearded poo

Aymin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys, my Pygmy’s poo today looked a little jelly like. Sorry for the quality of photo. Any ideas? Eating mainly crickets and some mealworms at times. He’s about 12 weeks old

Attachments

• 4EF4D767-25F5-4331-B278-66075C894732.jpeg
    4EF4D767-25F5-4331-B278-66075C894732.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 07BB64AC-0489-427E-9525-96AD1CE625B9.jpeg
    07BB64AC-0489-427E-9525-96AD1CE625B9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys, my Pygmy’s poo today looked a little jelly like. Sorry for the quality of photo. Any ideas? Eating mainly crickets and some mealworms at times. He’s about 12 weeks old
Please no meal worms---- the exoskeleton is too harsh on the stomachs and can cause impaction -- please get a good staple feeder like dubia roaches - silk worms and I recommend BSFL for him and dubias together - feed the BSFL on top of the salads first thing in the morning - I see no white urate---- is he pooping any white urate if not hes dehydrated --- please drop water on his nose or feed by eye dropper --- and if that is sand in the tank please remove it -- 12 weeks old hes going to be eating that and will end up impacted --- please get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or your local home improvement store cut to the size of the tank --- clean w/ vinegar / water 50/50 and wipe down w/ a clean wet dish rag etc ----
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its outdated http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
here is a website for roaches and BSFL do not feed insects bigger than the space between his eyes
www.symtonbsf.com you will need a bowl like this to keep the BSFL in they are good for keeping smaller roaches in it too - feed the BSFL first on top of the salads so hes getting greens rinse the greens before serving he will get moisture from that and then feed your dubias like an hr or so later -- feed as many BSFL as you want they are a great staple feeder ---- are you dusting the insects w/ calcium D3 ?
the dark poop looks ok but please make sure hes hydrated and NO sand please

Latest posts