• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

put my beardie in new tank and now refuses to eat, help!

nathan

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my beardie got too big for the 10 gallon tank i had him in. he is now in a 40 gallon long and he stopped eating, anything and everything. he has proper lighting and heat, plenty of places to bask in the sun and to hide. he is active in the tank and moves around alot but he will not eat. he used to eat about 20 small/medium silkworms a day. and its been about 5 days since he ate anything. im getting a lil worried. im not sure of his exact age but he is 9.5 inches long. is this normal behavior for moving to a new living condition?

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Don't worry, that's all part of relocation stress. Switching him into a new and bigger tank can cause it. Even switching around items in their vivs can cause it too. It can sometimes last up to 2 weeks so don't worry. It sounds good that he is still active also ;)

nathan

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
phew thanks for the reassurance!! i also noticed he is darker than usual but when i take him out to handle or to bathe he gets alot lighter in color. ill keep offering him food daily and hopefully he will get used to his new tank. thanks again!

Latest posts