• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pure Calcium Dish For Beardies Like Geckos?

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey again everyone.

Another question that's been bugging me. I've been looking around and wondering if bearded dragons needed a pure calcium dish or not? The way that leopard geckos do? My vet who has reptiles, said it wouldn't hurt the bearded dragon. But I guess that means that no, technically they don't have to have one. I haven't added one in yet as I dust the food every other day as my vet suggested, and he has the UVB and UVA lighting, so that's why I'm curious as to whether I should put one in just to be on the extra safe side.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ahh I wasn't sure, I've read and heard so many different things. I just figured I'd post it here before doing anything, if anything at all. He doesn't have a calcium dish as of now, so I guess I won't get him one. This is his set up. Pretty simple. I'll be cleaning tanks most likely tomorrow. He's in a size 40 gallon tank. That's all I can get right now. The UTH is on the side due to the fact I can't get a stand for the tank right now.
Jethro 036.JPG
Jethro 037.JPG

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have a digital thermometer for his tank but I think I need to replace it. I have the sticky temp/humidity reader on the back of the tank, guess you can't see it 'cause of the way the picture was taken. It says the heat range for basking spot stays between 85-90ish. When the digital thermometer works, it stays between 90-95 for the UTH. When I have a job I plan to get some sort of background for him. However, I'm saving money mostly for their food and supplements as of now.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well the guy that designed the house we're in didn't do much as far as insulation goes. Upstairs temps are always weird. In summer time, my room's the hottest room. In the winter, it's the coldest. We have the heat working a little better in the house but can't always control it.

Latest posts