• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Puberty?

eliuly

Hatchling Dragon
Is it possible that bearded dragons go through a puberty phase? I've read some things as my sweet Marat has turned into a BRAT since reaching over 1ft. He gapes, hisses, but doesn't bite. Should I just take him out more often? His husbandry is fine (double checked the caresheet on here as well as LLLs). I just don't want to stress him if he just needs to be a lonely grump right now

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
I don't know about "puberty" per se, but they definitely go through their moody phases. I don't let them off the hook if they hiss or gape at me. If anything, I'll handle them a little more because of it.

eliuly

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah, he has been going through this phase for a few days now. I really don't know what is up. I was in the hospital for a bit, but my girlfriend fed and handled him while I was gone. Right now he's sitting on my shoulder, more relaxed, but earlier he greeted me with a large gape and hiss!