• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Protective?

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all,

Got another silly question, can beardies become protective of their humans, only because my daughter (15) and Stubbs have this awesome relationship....she just has to walk in the room and he already has his little face pressed against the glass...well her friend was over, and yes he was boy and everytime her friend came near here he would puff up and leap on her friend....quite funny actually....the friend was fine but we could not understand this meaning !!

Thanks
Laurie and the Leaper ;)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Laurie. I have heard of beardies taking to one human slave over another. So, it does sound like he did not like your daughter's friend....too funny.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I think they do. I have three dragons and one worships the ground my husband walks on. :) Two gets so alert when I walk in the room or talks. Can't say it's because we feed them because I feed all three but Magick only tolerates me and will even head bob me. So it's gotta be more then the hand that feeds them.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think they do. Slyder will not let anyone but me touch him. Only if he is in my hand can my daughter pet him and he wants no part of my husband even if I am holding him.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Magellan did the same thing to Gene, Candice's Hubby * when they were dating..* wouldn't allow Gene to get close at all... Good thing he won "jelli" over...
Janie

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Dragons can prefer one human over another,I have no doubt. Our femaledragon will let me feed her bathe her,love on her etc...........until her Daddy gets home. Once he gets hold of her,she will not hardly leave his shoulder. She will even rawl around and sit facing the TV and "watch TV with her daddy. Once in a great while she will walk along the back of the couch,long enough to look outside,but if I move and she doesn't like my direction,she will high tail it back to my hubby as if to say "Daddy,Mommy is being sneaky and trying to get me,save me.LOLOLOLOL On the other hand,my male mostly sits with me,I can hand him to my husband and until he senses where he is it's like he looks for me...........of course I'm out of luck once he realizes Daddy had him,he will snuggle right in.Of course I love to snuggle with my hubby too so I shouldn't complain when the dragons wanna snuggle him,but I do get a little jealous sometimes(why don't they love me too) so maybe it's me being jealous instead of the dragonsLLOLOLOLOLOL

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
They are amazing little creatures aren't they !!

Ok so now my daughter has a swelled head...yep he loves me the most....ohh to be 15 again ::)

Latest posts