• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Progress?

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Alright guys so I figured I'd post a new thread about my beardie's status. He was brought up on those stupid gel pellets and never had anything live and never had a green. I dropped some superworms in there and he went for them and ate about 10. I tried greens and fruits but he doesnt even touch them, although he does lick the fruit. His tank is 95 degrees on hot side and 80 on the cooler. I gave him a bath last night and at first he went crazy but he settled in and loved it. Now whenever I open the top of the tank to feed him and he jumps on my shirt or arm and he just doesnt wanna get off lol I have him in a 20L at the moment until tommorow because I had to clean out the 40 breeder really good. So by tommorow he should have a nice open tank. Hope he'll be alright =l Anything else Im missing? Oh and some pictures so you can help me with names xD

004wgp.jpg

001cgh.jpg

002wmk.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
Nice pictures....thank you for sharing. Also, sounds like he has a new owner that cares and that is a good thing.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sorry - I messed up your photo links on accident because I was trying to get them to display on the page... Can you upload them to BDF directly?

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Hmm im not sure if the pictures are working. Anybody else having that issue? and Yes I do care about him, I feel bad for him. Hes all skin and bones. I pick him up and all I can feel is bones. He needs some meat on him.

Josh messes with my pictures lol but yeah just give me one second.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You need to cut the fruit smaller for him, that may be why he's not eating it make them much more flat.

Also remember bath water for him should be the same temp as his basking spot.

Well he should be fine in that tank untill tomorrow, not like you have another choice. Besides I can already tell he is a thousand times better off with you then that other guy.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think you're all set now Nick. It appears to be working fine

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you. The fruit was actually cut, I just didnt break it apart lol I broke it apart but still nothing =l and thanks josh

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmm, I thought I already replied on this thread. Must have had a 'Brain Fart' & didn't submit it.

Where are you taking the 'Hot Side' temps? They should actually be referred to as basking temps, as that is where they should be measured from, directly at the basking spot.

I would bump the basking temp up to 100-105F seeing as how it isn't in the best of shape because of the previous owners care. The higher temp will help it digest it's food much easier, particularly because you are introducing new foods to it.

Good Luck

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
temps are at 100F now. I noticed he runs all around the tank. Just everywhere. He didnt even eat the fruit lol

Also his poop looks weird.

008rkf.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
temps are at 100F now. I noticed he runs all around the tank. Just everywhere. He didnt even eat the fruit lol

Also his poop looks weird.
I still haven't heard if you're taking the temps directly at the basking spot or just a general hot side temp. Can you verify this?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
His poop looks like solid BD poop. Try getting a bit more liquid into his diet... in my opinion.
Yeah, looks like a solid stool. Normally there's liquid when they're overly hydrated. My apologies.

Latest posts