• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Progress with Norbert!

NorbertTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
So about a month ago I asked for help on fixing Norbert's crappy little attitude and he is coming around. I hold him each day when I get home from work! No more bearding at me or hissing. Doesn't even try to bite me anymore! I'm so happy that he now knows he is safe with me! On a side note, I live in Wisconsin and we're currently in the middle of a GIANT blizzard. So my boss told me to stay home today! So since I didn't have to get up early for work, I made the mistake of feeding Norbert about a half hour later than usual since I slept in a little bit. I gave him his crickets and then he walked to his empty salad bowl, stared at me and then proceeded to take a big nasty dump in the bowl. Does anyone else's beardie do this? Lol, I just find it strange that he would defecate in the bowl he eats out of. As he grows, his little personality comes out more. I love it. I never thought I could be so attached to a lizard. :p

Pat B

Super Moderator
That is way too funny. I heard on the weather channel about your blizzard. Stay safe and warm. I live in Columbia SC so we almost never have snow or ice. Good to hear your beardies crappy little attitude is changing....:cool: Maybe as he gets older and more used to you he will be a little cutie pie. My Spike is in brumation right now....wonder if he will outgrow his crappy little attitude after sleeping for a couple of months....probably not!!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes they are not overly particular where they take a dump at times, just ask `PoopHead` -aka Dracul

index.php

graphics-laughing-306832.gif

Pat B

Super Moderator
Oh yuck!! I sure hope you cleaned it up right away. Beardie poop is a little disgusting!! and which one did the pooping??

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure, that was when there were 2 others in the enclosure, only a few weeks old in that pic.

NorbertTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
That is way too funny. I heard on the weather channel about your blizzard. Stay safe and warm. I live in Columbia SC so we almost never have snow or ice. Good to hear your beardies crappy little attitude is changing....:cool: Maybe as he gets older and more used to you he will be a little cutie pie. My Spike is in brumation right now....wonder if he will outgrow his crappy little attitude after sleeping for a couple of months....probably not!!
I would die to be somewhere without snow or ice right now! This is scary!
He is just so cute. He knows about the time I feed him supper, so he came up to the glass tonight and just stared at me, waiting. He also finally shed his entire body. That paired with getting settled in probably made him crabby. :p

Pat B

Super Moderator
I hope you don't lose power....now that would be scary. You might have to snuggle up with beardie to keep him warm....:D Beardies are always crabby when shedding. Can you just imagine trying to get out of dead skin that is itchy. That would drive me nuts. He will be ok. Stay home and stay safe!!

NorbertTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
I hope you don't lose power....now that would be scary. You might have to snuggle up with beardie to keep him warm....:D Beardies are always crabby when shedding. Can you just imagine trying to get out of dead skin that is itchy. That would drive me nuts. He will be ok. Stay home and stay safe!!
I know, I thought about that. It's getting pretty chilly in my room at night lately. If we lose power, I'd be so worried! But he does have his own little Norbert sized fleece blankie that I can wrap him up in. :) And I'll be staying home most of or all of tomorrow. No traveling for this girl right now! Too scary.

Latest posts