• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Problems with shedding

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The last couple of times George has shed, there are a couple of tiny areas that seem to not shed properly. In particular, his right nostril. It got so bad I had to take him out and soak him 4 days in a row to loosen it. I bathe him pretty frequently, and the rest of him sheds very well except that one area. Anyone else experience something similar?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've had 2 help out with a couple little boogie sheds, it happens.

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
OK as long as it happens to other people, I am okay with helping him out...Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I was just worried because it looked like it was blocking his airway a bit.

Stephanie Stewart

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have the same issue, but when I put Phoenix in the tub or add more humidity to his cage everything works out fine. Run a warm bath and use a small plastic cup to pour water over his body. Also, sometimes I will use a humidifier with sea salts. The whole bathroom has a cloud of smoke in there, very nice, warm and humid.

Latest posts