• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Problems With Bowel Movements

BeardiesandBaseball

Hatchling Dragon
My bearded dragon, who has pooped normally until this, has not pooped in a month! She looks very happy and is eating normally. But this has caused impaction. We try to put her in the bathtub under hot water every day, but haven't gotten results. What are some good ways to get her to poop?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You don't want to use hot water on them, you could burn them. You want to bathe them in lukewarm water but with impaction, you want to go a few degrees higher. Not too hot but just a little warmer. Other things that work are 100% pure canned pumpkin with nothing added to it. Just give your beardie some on a spoon each day until she goes. Also, baby food prunes work too. One of my girls didn't go for something like 17 days and I did all this and then it happened.

BeardiesandBaseball

Hatchling Dragon
You don't want to use hot water on them, you could burn them. You want to bathe them in lukewarm water but with impaction, you want to go a few degrees higher. Not too hot but just a little warmer. Other things that work are 100% pure canned pumpkin with nothing added to it. Just give your beardie some on a spoon each day until she goes. Also, baby food prunes work too. One of my girls didn't go for something like 17 days and I did all this and then it happened.
Thanks! I'll try this.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
While in the warm bath very very gently massage her belly you really do have to be gentle so you don't hurt her insides..sometimes this helps moving things along.. Also what I will do is put a harness on and take them out in the grass and let them run around as moving around will also help.. My female will go long periods of time like Patsy's mine went 19 days...Also some good old hydration some hornworms maybe..My male is pretty regular

BeardiesandBaseball

Hatchling Dragon
While in the warm bath very very gently massage her belly you really do have to be gentle so you don't hurt her insides..sometimes this helps moving things along.. Also what I will do is put a harness on and take them out in the grass and let them run around as moving around will also help.. My female will go long periods of time like Patsy's mine went 19 days...Also some good old hydration some hornworms maybe..My male is pretty regular
Thank you!

Latest posts