• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pretty sure George is a boy now...

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks to this forum, I think I know George is a boy. I read a thread about someone asking about bumps under the legs. Well, I looked under George and sure enough, I saw very similiar bumps (same pattern). They aren't the same color as the picture shown, his are the same color as his belly (a whitish color).

I feel a little better about the name now lmao...

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Can you take a pic of his vent? Just bend his tail up towards the ceiling while taking the picture.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You really can't rely on femeral pores to determine sex. I have a female that has huge femeral pores and she most definitely is a female. You need to post a picture of the vent area like the above poster mentioned.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, take the pic something like this.....

SNC00318.jpg

You should look at the part I circled in red....

Untitled-1.jpg

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hmmm now spike may be a girl... spike has very prominent femorel pores, but idk about dents...

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
OK sorry for the picture quality..I have a decent webcam but this was the best I could get...

image201007050001.jpg

image201007050016.jpg

image201007050018.jpg

image201007050025.jpg

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I cant really see detail above the vent. The webcam focused on the wrong area.

If you look at that part, like shown in the links I gave. Does George have a bulge in the centre right above the vent with 2x dents on either side of the tailbase (above the bulge)?

OR

Does George have 2x bulges on either side of the tailbase with a dent in the centre right above the vent?

Heres a different pic, maybe showing more clearly what I seem to find hard to describe in words LOL
Male
1_m-hemipenes_300x225.jpg

Female
1_f-hemipenes_300x225.jpg

Also the femoral pores are not as defined/visible as the ones Ive seen in pics of MALES, so if I had to take a wild guess, Id say due to the non prominent femoral pores George is probably a GIRL

Heres pics to femoral pores on males and females. Youll see the difference

A Male
Lizard1095.jpg

A Female
1_f-femoral-pores_300x225.jpg

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
lmao i know pogie it wasn't coming out well...I'm going to see if I can get something better here today...I always have yahoo! messenger maybe if someone is real helpful, I'll add you to my buddy list and I'll throw George on the webcam lololol...

Latest posts