• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Prepping wood

SkyAndMojo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I would like to make the wood I put in my enclosure not climbable for crickets and to fix holes safely so the crickets cant hide in it I was think ing of using a aquarium caulking to fill in holes on the wood but I dont know what to use to keep the rickets off the wood? Any ideas?

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Unfortunately no matter what I've done the little things always found somewhere to hide. Have you tried feeding in a separate container? I feed mine his dubia roachrd and worms on the kitchen table...(I clean well) lol but some people use another tank, or plastic bin.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh we often feed Diego in the hall on wooden floor. Its great to watch him wrk for the bugs hehe ;)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The only way to keep crickets off the decor is to feed outside of the enclosure. The only downside about that is if you ever do decide to feed in the BD's enclosure again your BD might not eat because they won't associate their tank with a place to eat. We had a real tough time getting Dexter to eat in hers again after feeding her out of her tank for so long.

I've taken Luci's wood out to clean it and had crickets jump out in the bath tub even after I looked it over closely before moving it out of the tank!

SkyAndMojo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Lol I was hoping if I filled the cracks with a brown fishtank cocking and maybe put a plastic support on the bottom if it went up high enough maybe the crickets wont be able to climb it

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The aquarium chalk is ok but once you put it on you have to be very certain that it is completly cured before putting it in his cage. Once it is fully cured than it is non toxic. It is very stinky while it cures so make sure you have good ventalation

Latest posts