• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Power outage

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
Moved a couple months ago. Kind of in the country now. First snowfall of the year and my power flickered. This scarf I’m looking at has 3 settings and up to a 10 hour charge on the battery if used on low setting which is 104 degrees. My dragon may lay on it if it’s not too hot but maybe put in a smaller enclosure for the night to have ambient temperature around 65 to 70 degrees.
Has anyone tried this? If my power goes out all I’ll be able to do is snuggle him and let him use my body heat.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Moved a couple months ago. Kind of in the country now. First snowfall of the year and my power flickered. This scarf I’m looking at has 3 settings and up to a 10 hour charge on the battery if used on low setting which is 104 degrees. My dragon may lay on it if it’s not too hot but maybe put in a smaller enclosure for the night to have ambient temperature around 65 to 70 degrees.
Has anyone tried this? If my power goes out all I’ll be able to do is snuggle him and let him use my body heat.
If it's at nite temps can go down to 60 anything lower put the scarf in the tank and see what kind of temps you get- you do not want the temp on that scarf 104-- you can wrap another cover it like a dish towel etc- that would keep him warm also hand warmers in the tank but those get really hot and should be placed in a dish towel for sure you can place those in the tank and watch the ambient temps watch the temp w/ them covered use your basking probe you don't want him sitting on them you don't want to burn him

Latest posts