• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Power Cut Care Question

Frankie Bedford

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!

Very quick question for you all. We had a power surge today, and I suddenly realized that I had no idea how to care for my beardie if the power were to go out.

How would I care for a beardie if the power went out? Naturally my main concern would be keeping him warm enough.

Thanks so much!

Frankie

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've seen this debated lots and lots on other forum sites. Depending on where you live you could get a generator. If you're in the south west or south east then you probably won't have too much of an issue as it stays pretty warm...

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
an easy and cheep way to do it would be to have a car battery with an AC adaptor on it that you can plug your lights into when power goes out.

i believe they also make a battery like device that plugs into the wall and stays charged and when the power goes out you can plug in your lamps to it and it give u like an hour or so of light.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Buy some hand warmers and keep them stored in your house. If the power goes out you can use them wrapped up in a little dish cloth and they can keep them warm. They also sell the one for your feet and your back, which are larger warmers. I know from using them at work that they stay hot for about 10 hrs.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In drastic times, keepers have kept their collections well ventilated in their vehicles until power is restored, when nothing else is available.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Buy some hand warmers and keep them stored in your house. If the power goes out you can use them wrapped up in a little dish cloth and they can keep them warm. They also sell the one for your feet and your back, which are larger warmers. I know from using them at work that they stay hot for about 10 hrs.
The only thing I would worry about is the BD puncturing the hand warmer and the liquid getting all over the place. Sure it's probably not safe to ingest.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The ones that I use doesn't have a liquid/gel in it, it has a "sand like" feel to it and the outside if it is a thick cloth feel to it. Hm, it's a little hard to explain, lol. But if you wrap it good your beardie couldn't get to it through the dish cloth. I'll have to see if I have any around to get a pic of them to post on here ;)

Latest posts