• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Potential new owner

Abi B

Bearded Dragon Egg
First post, please bear with me: The number one question/concern right now is how do I accuire a dragon that is healthy from the start? Pet store, expo, adopt, ship in? Is there any way to guarantee it is free from, specificly adenovirus, but also other issues. Some pet stores have obviously weaker dragons but some look great. It’s tempting to buy from one that is clean (good practices) and healthy (looking) dragons. Obviously I can’t see the virus. Is this a problem with all pet store dragons? 100% of them? 5%? Is it a problem with all dragons no matter where they come from? Ok, I’ll start there. Thanks in advance!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Really isn't a guarantee sad to say, the best thing you can do is really spend your time watching them to see how they are acting, breathing, eating, moving..
I got all 3 of mine at Petco and they were all healthy.

Abi B

Bearded Dragon Egg
Really isn't a guarantee sad to say, the best thing you can do is really spend your time watching them to see how they are acting, breathing, eating, moving..
I got all 3 of mine at Petco and they were all healthy.
Thank you. That’s promising. I’m glad you’ve had success.

Latest posts