• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Potential German Giant Beardie?

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
Hey, so are your 3 dragons cohabitating? That would explain why one is growing more rapidly. You should separate them asap because the other two will suffer from not enough uvb and also, eventually they will turn on each other (we are talking about full on aggressive violence towards each other, even female on female, loss of limbs, tails, not worth it). They are solitary animals despite what pet stores say. I hope you will consider this and if I misunderstood, my apologies.
As far as German giant, from what I have read it's almost been bred out so very rare and my girl is a lot bigger than your boy so I think he's probably just monopolising the uvb. I know that she was the hog of thre light when she was cohabited at the pet store, and she had rapid growth as a juvenile too.
I also only use non loose substrates (repticarpet/tile/etc). Sand is so unlike what they would live on in natural habitat (compact clay) so it makes no sense to put them on it. Glad you're using paper towels. With good husbandry you can help your beardies live longer than they ever could in the wild.
I also removed my dragon's water bowl permanently since they rarely drink standing water and it raised the humidity in her tank and caused a Respiratory infection that almost killed her. They do have a love of soaking though, I give regular baths. As far as hydration they derive most of it from their food.
Hope this info helps and let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help.
Hey a few questions to start, 1.) you said they’re solitary animals, but actually they’re very social animals. What do you mean by this?
2.) you said they don’t drink standing water, however my three I see drinking from the bowl daily.
But to answer what you said, yes we have three bearded dragons cohabitating (1 male, 2 female) and they live together great. They’re in a 110+ gallon custom wood tank that has a built in T5 H0 35in UVB, and a 150-250W heat lamp with a dimmer. Idk how many watts it actually is but it looks like our 250W’s and it’s in the right corner. We have a few bricks under it and around it and they all take turns as needed sunning and just being generally good. They’re all about 1.5 yrs old