• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible Substrate Change For Magellan

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Magellan is now a little over 4 years old now and has been housed on just about every substrate known to man. He was content on the particle but at at the time I wasn't as experienced to deal with them and not to mention majority of them were bad ones. I was considering adding some play sand in Magellan's enclosure over his tile. I would have to add a lip in the front of the enclosure so no sand gets out but I think he may be happier with a half sand half solid land especially in his hide. What are your thoughts?

**Note: He is either hand fed or fed outside of the enclosure and his greens would be on the elevated solid part of his enclosure.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Before I put half sand in Princess' tank she would cage dance like crazy. Since I have done half sand and half tile she seems to be more content, her cage dancing has pretty much stopped.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used to take him out and let him play in a beardie sand box and he loved it which is why I've been thinking about switching. I feel I'm prepared to maintain it since I already to it with Frank's enclosure

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For an older dragon that doesn't "taste" everything washed sifted playsand is fine. I wouldn't go with anything else though for a particle.

Latest posts