• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

possible skin issue? ADVICE NEEDED

frenchfried13

Bearded Dragon Egg
4BBCB10F-15BF-45FC-8647-EAA9D6EF8033.jpeg

I just noticed today my beardie has something going on with his skin on his left hind leg area. the vet that sees him isn't open until Monday. could it be some kind of fungus or infection? it's hard to see in the picture but there's a slight greenish cast in between the scales. was wondering if anyone had any advice for me until I can take him Monday? I gave him a bath already and made sure to thoroughly dry the area and let him bask for a while. these are the pictures after the bath:
EC0FFABF-76B2-4EF7-99C2-533EDED11C11.jpeg

5368F33F-9998-4533-B5C2-2E22110A3524.jpeg

Attachments

• E809CFB3-D773-4B25-9DB2-2B8586AB7DB8.jpeg
    E809CFB3-D773-4B25-9DB2-2B8586AB7DB8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I can kinda see the greenish but sadly it is harder to tell if you are worried do take him to the vet but I suggest the next time you give him a bath brush that area with a berry soft bristle toothbrush and see if anything comes off. He looks like he’s about ready to shed too so that may be why. It could be his natural colour too. Hopefully this helped

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
View attachment 23333
I just noticed today my beardie has something going on with his skin on his left hind leg area. the vet that sees him isn't open until Monday. could it be some kind of fungus or infection? it's hard to see in the picture but there's a slight greenish cast in between the scales. was wondering if anyone had any advice for me until I can take him Monday? I gave him a bath already and made sure to thoroughly dry the area and let him bask for a while. these are the pictures after the bath:
View attachment 23334
View attachment 23335
Are u using tap water?! This is deadly to Beardies because it has chlorine in it & chlorine hurts them & dries out their skin. For bathing and drinkgim water u need to use dechlorinated water; so use bottles or filtered water that’s dechlorina or buy REPTISAFE it’s a blue liquid & u place a few drops for every cup which kills the chlorine instantly. Also, he could have a skin condition maybe he’s to close the Uvb he should be minimum 12 inches away when using the 10.0’T5 Reptisun bulb; maybe his hammock is too close to the uvb so lower it &/or the UVB bulb needs to be replaced religiously every 6months. Let me know and vet ASAP.

Latest posts