• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Popping noise when chewing/will not eat veggies

Trekkiegoat

Bearded Dragon Egg
What does it mean if there's a popping/cracking sound when your bearded dragon is chewing? My guy has been 150% refusing to eat his veggies no matter what I do to them this past month. He just turned 9 months. No amount of bribing will get him to eat them. He'll gobble up all his bugs without any hesitation, but if the bugs are on veggies, he waits for them to leave the veggies, lol. And he used to be a professional veggie eater, but all of a sudden won't eat any vegetation. Anyway, I was concerned he'd get dehydrated from lack of veggies, so I waited for him to go for a bug and quickly put some watered down collards in his mouth and he ate them, but made a loud clicking sound with his jaw. I did it a second time and he did the same clicking sound. I can't find any answers on the internet other than a URI, but this is the first time I've ever heard him make that noise.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
What does it mean if there's a popping/cracking sound when your bearded dragon is chewing? My guy has been 150% refusing to eat his veggies no matter what I do to them this past month. He just turned 9 months. No amount of bribing will get him to eat them. He'll gobble up all his bugs without any hesitation, but if the bugs are on veggies, he waits for them to leave the veggies, lol. And he used to be a professional veggie eater, but all of a sudden won't eat any vegetation. Anyway, I was concerned he'd get dehydrated from lack of veggies, so I waited for him to go for a bug and quickly put some watered down collards in his mouth and he ate them, but made a loud clicking sound with his jaw. I did it a second time and he did the same clicking sound. I can't find any answers on the internet other than a URI, but this is the first time I've ever heard him make that noise.
Clicking when chewing is normal, my beardy makes noises when she eats too, as for the veggies, while its not ideal that hes not eating veggies , but he isnt gonna suffer as long as the bugs are gutloaded with veggies every 2-3 days, if the bugs are getting plenty of veg, he should be fine, my beardy is almost 2 and i cant get her to eat more than a bite of veggies once a week if im lucky….

Latest posts