• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

popeye arms

stef

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ive heard the popeye arms and legs can be a bad sign of tummy troubles for bd...mine is now 1 year old and has always been a very poor eater..all the vivs temps are perfect 105 in hotspot..70 in the colder..but he still will not eat much at all its gone on long enough so now im going to have a poo sample sorted for him as im worried it could be something more sinister going on...has anyone else heard of this popeye condition before?????

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
ive heard the popeye arms and legs can be a bad sign of tummy troubles for bd...mine is now 1 year old and has always been a very poor eater..all the vivs temps are perfect 105 in hotspot..70 in the colder..but he still will not eat much at all its gone on long enough so now im going to have a poo sample sorted for him as im worried it could be something more sinister going on...has anyone else heard of this popeye condition before?????
Hi Stef! Welcome :).

Could you post a pic of your dragon and basic info? I'm not quite sure what you mean by Popye condition.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Like Aleena said; Maybe posting a picture will help us a little?

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I call Yaddle's arms "popeye arms". I call them that because they remind me of Popeye from the cartoons. The muscle in the area from the hands to the elbow is bigger that the muscle between the elbow and shoulder. Hope I'm helping to explain it, lol. If that is what your talking about then I can say that beardies that have those arms can eat alot. Yaddle is a piggy and she is a chunky girl. It's good for beardies to have all that muscle on them and shows that they are being fed well :cool:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have never heard of this 'Problem (Popye Arms). As Drgnfly says. I like that mine look like that. You should try & bump your cool side temps up 10-15 degrees, though.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Willow had Popeye arms when i first got her and she was underweight, now she's well fed they look more normal. The main problem for her was she was living in very close living quarters with no means of excersise but since i've had her she's been able to build muscle in her forearms by climbing and roaming around on the living room carpet and her arms have filled out nicely

stef

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
P1010035.JPG
P1010002.JPG
P1010002.JPG
P1010035.JPG
P1010002.JPG

Latest posts