• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pooping?

Kpontius

Hatchling Dragon
I recently changed from crickets to dubia and superworms for my 15 month old bearded. He also is offered greens daily. Bud would normally poop about every 3 days. Since switching he has not pooped. Today is day 5. He ate superworms on day 1. Greens on day 2. Dubia on day 3. On day 4 and 5 he isn't eating anything.
I have given him warm baths to see if he would poop but with no luck. So any suggestions on what I can try? What is normal for a adult bearded to poop? Do I continue to offer dubia or superworms even though he refuses. Or just try greens and fruit till he poops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
I recently changed from crickets to dubia and superworms for my 15 month old bearded. He also is offered greens daily. Bud would normally poop about every 3 days. Since switching he has not pooped. Today is day 5. He ate superworms on day 1. Greens on day 2. Dubia on day 3. On day 4 and 5 he isn't eating anything.
I have given him warm baths to see if he would poop but with no luck. So any suggestions on what I can try? What is normal for a adult bearded to poop? Do I continue to offer dubia or superworms even though he refuses. Or just try greens and fruit till he poops.

What about bell peppers? Seems to help my little guy.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
Spike likes orange and red best. Some yellow, but I do not give green. I think I read something bad about green one time, so I avoided it.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there. I wouldn't think that switching from crickets to dubias and superworms would be an issue. might be. my girl usually only poops once a week. my boy every 2 or 3 days. normal is what is normal for each beardie. what are you tank temps? cool side, warm side and basking, please. how about exercise? does he have enough room in his tank to maneuver around? or are you able to get him out for a bit? you can try giving him some oil - olive or coconut. maybe inject into a worm and let him eat the worm. I would continue to offer bugs and greens - let him choose. sometimes my girl wont eat her greens for a day or 2 after she's had her bugs - but, she's kinda picky. sometimes my boy will only eat a bit of his greens. sometimes he will devour them. my first beardie once went almost 2 weeks before pooping (that was just after he came into MY life - might've been stress) keep us posted, please

Kpontius

Hatchling Dragon
His tank is a 75 gal so he does have plenty of room. I just changed to a reptisun T5HO10.0 and have a 150 watt basking light. The temp did drop some so thought of getting a new basking bulb. So meantime have additional basking bulb in. The temp on warms side varies 85-90. He is staying under his hammock.

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
I forgot about the Olive oil trick. I did use that with my beardie. A little Olive oil on a piece of lettuce or fruit or,whatever will help.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They don't have to poop daily. In fact as they get older their bathroom habits change. So 5 days isn't much to worry about yet. When it's 15 days then you should start to worry a little.

VeraR13

Hatchling Dragon
They don't have to poop daily. In fact as they get older their bathroom habits change. So 5 days isn't much to worry about yet. When it's 15 days then you should start to worry a little.
I'm glad to hear that. My baby went from daily to every 2-3 days already. Of course, he has shed like 4 times in 2 months, so he is growing rapidly. [emoji4]

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep my female will go about every 7-10 days between and my male about 3-5 days between depending on how much he eats.

Latest posts