• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pooping Frequency

Vic

Hatchling Dragon
My little buddy Skippy usually poops once a day. Lately it has been fluctuating between once every other day to every two days. He has been molting a lot and growing. He has been refusing his food lately but will eat his worms instead of veggies. His diet is very regular with a good mix of veggies and protein. Could this be brumation? He has not been aggressive or standoffish. In fact he has been very content when being handled. Not sure what could be causing the appetite and bathroom change. Suggestions/thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JavianSB

Bearded Dragon Egg
Same thing happened to my girl a few weeks ago but it's extremely normal for their poop schedule to change as they grow and for them to deny veggies. Suggestions would be to still give veggies as an option even if he won't eat them, put them on a whit surface (paper towel) the contrast will make them look interesting since they are not moving. This usually works for my girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
As Javian said, their habits change as they get older. It shows that you are a good parent though that you are paying attention to these changes. Just keep feeding him like you are and he will poop. It's worrisome when the poop habits change but it's so nice to have older dragons that don't go all the time!

JavianSB

Bearded Dragon Egg
As Javian said, their habits change as they get older. It shows that you are a good parent though that you are paying attention to these changes. Just keep feeding him like you are and he will poop. It's worrisome when the poop habits change but it's so nice to have older dragons that don't go all the time!

My girl loves to poop either on or near me [emoji53]

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My girl loves to poop either on or near me [emoji53]

That sucks! I have one that goes only in her bath. The other two will go in their tank but usually get as far away from it as possible after it happens.

JavianSB

Bearded Dragon Egg
That sucks! I have one that goes only in her bath. The other two will go in their tank but usually get as far away from it as possible after it happens.

She poops in her cage occasionally but is more fixed on pooping on me like she's marking me as her territory lol. I always keep paper towels around when I take her out because she sorta predictable.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea my 2 are inconsistent on how often they go as it just depends on how much they are eating. Both of mine will not poop in their tanks they go in the bath or when I have them outside wondering around getting natural UVB time..

Latest posts