• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poop problems.

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So my Dillinger is growing like a weed and eating like a pig. But he can't poop. He's pushing out his white stuff but no poop. He pushes and pushes and all he can get out is the white part. He DID manage to push out a piece about the size of half a dime and that was it. I've tried bathing him while massaging his belly. He still strains and strains. Tonight I noticed that he pushed what looks like little spurs on either side of his vent out a hair, and when I picked him up to look, he pulled them back in. Im totally lost and screwed with what to do...I can't afford a vet visit right now...What do I do?

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so after more massaging and more soaking, I got him to push a piece of poop MUCH bigger than what he should be pushing. He was having a SLIGHT prolapse but when he finished he pulled it right back in. I have a picture of the culprit.

Mind you he is only 13" or so.

Resampled_2011-11-02_21-40-18_803.jpg

That is in the bottom of a Dixie Paper shot size cup. I think this was my culprit. He doesn't feel NEARLY as tight, and I dont feel any knot in his gut area.

I HOPE this cleared up my problem, I'll keep you guys posted. Any advice is welcome.

And before anyone asks, I do NOT use sand.

adam

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
what are you feeding him? how high is your heat? and try giving him some olive oil too a lil bit help my beardie pass his impaction

adam

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
how is he doin now? i hope he doin better...have you ever tried putting come color in his greens.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow! That's a big 1. Hope Dillinger's feeling better, he should b. How many crix is he putting down a day?

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I haven't really got a great selection of greens being everywhere around here carries the same stuff. Dillinger acts like he's feeling alot better, after pushin that out he kinda had this straight up tuckered out look about him, and a few hours later he was back to normal...As far as crickets goes its different, some days he'll put away 30-40 and as much as 50 a day, others maybe 10-20

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I haven't really got a great selection of greens being everywhere around here carries the same stuff. Dillinger acts like he's feeling alot better, after pushin that out he kinda had this straight up tuckered out look about him, and a few hours later he was back to normal...As far as crickets goes its different, some days he'll put away 30-40 and as much as 50 a day, others maybe 10-20
Glad everything is back 2 normal. Greens should still b offered daily 2 help insure that Dillinger is getting the moisture he needs, dehydration can cause impaction. He might have had a couple too many crix that day & couldn't get up 2 temp. I know sand isn't an issue, u hooked him up with a sweet tile job but glad 2 hear that everything's chill.

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks bro! I think he's good man, but he's still having to strain a little bit so, Im going to do the process all over again....I never see him drink though. His water just sits there and collects dust LOL. Im gonna go get on that now to be honest. LOL

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dragons really only drink if they're dehydrated, they get the moisture they need through their diet. Water bowls should be changed daily (if u use them) 2 minimize the risk of parasites, doesn't take long 4 a small bowl of water 2 become stagnant in 95+ temps. Keep up with daily baths & feed a little less 4 the next couple days just 2 see how he's handled the impaction. When everything seems cool again, resume normal diet.

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So I come home to this yesterday....I'd say he took care of it by himself? LOL

Thats alotta poop

Resampled_2011-11-03_17-37-31_243.jpg

Attachments

• Resampled_2011-11-02_21-40-18_803.jpg
    Resampled_2011-11-02_21-40-18_803.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 12

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Whoa! I would say that his pipes are clean now.

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Is that what their poop is supposed to look like? Scarlet's poo is really runny compared to that? Is that normal?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is that what their poop is supposed to look like? Scarlet's poo is really runny compared to that? Is that normal?
Looks like Dillinger may have been a little dehydrated. If he's eating greens now then he knows it's a source of moisture & 2 much moisture n the diet can result n runny poo...... Yo, SoDiss! Glaad 2 hear he's doing better!

Latest posts