• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poop looking funny?

JamesHan

Bearded Dragon Egg
58F9D28F-42BC-451F-AE74-732C1456AE03.jpeg
image.jpg
Hi guys

For the past week or so (3-5 poos) Puff’s have been looking a bit weird.
They’ve been quite loose, not firm like they have been the whole time I’ve had him.

There have been little bits of crushed up locust legs & stuff in there too which I think is normal to some extent?

Pictures Attached

Cheers
James

JamesHan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hiya
Thanks for this. However, I use a digital infrared thermo to ensure he’s 35° after eating & the basking spot is consistently 100-115f throughout the day with a cooler 81-85f on the other side.

So definitely thinking it’s something he’s eaten (too much rocket /water)?
Thanks again

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi,
Yeah, temps are good so it could well be dietary from too much watery greens or fruits. Has his diet changed in the last week at all? If his eating habits and diet havent changed since you noticed the runny poop its unlikely this is the cause (but not impossible). You could try changing his food for something a bit more fibrous and see if that makes a difference.
The other possibility is parasites, coccidia is the main offender (amongst others). You would need to take a fecal sample to a vet to have this checked out.

JamesHan

Bearded Dragon Egg
I did add some different greens in, but he’s been on hoppers for most of his life... these are fibrous I assume?

If next 2 or so are the same I will take sample to vet.
If I’m UK do you know of any reptile veterinary chains by any chance?
Thank you

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I live in the UK too, reptile vets can be hard to find but they are out there. Nearest to me is 40 miles away, but a local vet has one that comes in once a week, which is fine unless its an emergency. A normal vet will be ok for doing a fecal test for parasites, its pretty straight forward, just dont rely on them for anything else.
Insects are mostly protien, they dont contain much fibre unless you feed it to them. Buy spring greens (aka collard greens in US) from your local supermarket, this should be a staple part of his diet. Most other veggies need to be fed in moderation, some stuff shouldnt be fed at all such as spinach. Here is a nutrition list, it shows whats safe and whats not and how often it can be fed. Some names are different in the uk, google them if unsure.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html

JamesHan

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
Thank you very much :)

One last thing... is the basking lamp a good distance from the log? Or should it be closer

He’s shedding atm

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you Beardedhippy I couldn't have said things any better :)

Latest posts