• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poo issue - graphic picture enclosed

Fuzzchubb

Bearded Dragon Egg
uploadfromtaptalk1437330105121.jpg
Since my girl laid eggs 3 odd months ago we've had a poo issue. She doesn't go in her viv at all and even seems to hold it all in. Then one day we go for a bath and I get this. At first I thought it was the first poo since birth and she did lay 30/eggs.... Now I'm wondering....

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sorry, my brain is a little slow today, this is her first poop in 3 months? Has she been eating much since she laid the eggs?

Dexter only poops in her bath, she holds it all in and as soon as she hits the water she explodes. You can actually tell how many days since she went because there's a piece for every day! I don't know why she refuses to go in her tank but she's done this since she was 6 months or.

Looks like she may be a bit dehydrated, there is good white urate but there is more dark than white.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Neither of mine will go in their viv. My girls really stinks! – I wouldn't wanna stay in there either! Both of them will poo in a warm bath or In the outside cage on a warm day. Every once in awhile my male will poo randomly. I make arrangements for them to move their bowels weekly

Fuzzchubb

Bearded Dragon Egg
Maybe it was a little confusing.... No it's not the first in three months.... It's just been that long since laying..

Ben 3ft viv to herself. Never used to bother her, all this has been since laying.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like she's just decided she doesn't want to poop in her tank anymore.

She's a mom now, she's gotta keep her house clean :p

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
Fuzzchubb, the viv is certainly big enough so it's not due to a lack of size. I'm stumped.

Fuzzchubb

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not the only one. I've checked temps, changed the food around, rearranged the viv, moved the viv..... I'm lost.

Tammy edwards

Hatchling Dragon
Her poo looks fine to me and she's got a nice bright urate which is a good since as for her not pooing in her tank I wouldn't worrie about that asking as you give her baths so she don't get impacted then everything will be fine my 6 are pigs and will go where ever they need to go constantly cleaning vivs in my house

Latest posts