• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

plz help asap!

BeardieSims

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi! i really need some help with this! my beardie is named george and he's a juvenile. he's getting close to sub adult i belive but i can't remember how old he is right this second. before i start this i want to clarify that i really don't want anyone saying "you need to take care of your animal your doing a bad job" or anything like it. i've been struggling with a lot lately and i'm trying my best. ok so the past week i've been really stressed out because i was doing testing and exams, and were moving this friday. and because of that stress George has not necessarily been getting the care he needs. again please don't judge me on anything that I'm about to tell you I really don't need that right now. OK so lately he hasn't really been getting his greens like at all. probably for the past two weeks. He doesn't usually eat any of them anyways though. (I'm not saying that's why I'm not doing it. I know that he still needs them even though he's not eating them) a few of his bug meals have gotten skipped just because there's been so much going on but I do always feed him the next day if it happens. also, He has all of that right things for heat and UVB so I'm not concerned about that. I've just been worried the past few days because he's been staying in his hide a lot more. He has been staying up later because there have been a few nights where I fed him later so I have to keep the heat on, but today I've been extra troubled about this because he is still in his hide right now and it is 3:40 in the afternoon. I don't really understand why he's doing this and I'm afraid that he is sick. Does anybody know what this could be? feel free to ask for any more information.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi! i really need some help with this! my beardie is named george and he's a juvenile. he's getting close to sub adult i belive but i can't remember how old he is right this second. before i start this i want to clarify that i really don't want anyone saying "you need to take care of your animal your doing a bad job" or anything like it. i've been struggling with a lot lately and i'm trying my best. ok so the past week i've been really stressed out because i was doing testing and exams, and were moving this friday. and because of that stress George has not necessarily been getting the care he needs. again please don't judge me on anything that I'm about to tell you I really don't need that right now. OK so lately he hasn't really been getting his greens like at all. probably for the past two weeks. He doesn't usually eat any of them anyways though. (I'm not saying that's why I'm not doing it. I know that he still needs them even though he's not eating them) a few of his bug meals have gotten skipped just because there's been so much going on but I do always feed him the next day if it happens. also, He has all of that right things for heat and UVB so I'm not concerned about that. I've just been worried the past few days because he's been staying in his hide a lot more. He has been staying up later because there have been a few nights where I fed him later so I have to keep the heat on, but today I've been extra troubled about this because he is still in his hide right now and it is 3:40 in the afternoon. I don't really understand why he's doing this and I'm afraid that he is sick. Does anybody know what this could be? feel free to ask for any more information.
Dragons will not eat w/ out proper UVB and surface basking temps--- please go over your husbandry -- I need this info to properly help you ---- NO coils for UVB and if the fixture is a long tube UVB where is it in the tank or top of screen and how old is the bulb? This all needs to be on par or he will not eat --- surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer analog gauges are not accurate -- 95-100 we can start here

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum. Are you able to post some photos of your setup and dragon so we can help you assess what's wrong? Do you have a local vet you can take him too if you need to?

BeardieSims

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dragons will not eat w/ out proper UVB and surface basking temps--- please go over your husbandry -- I need this info to properly help you ---- NO coils for UVB and if the fixture is a long tube UVB where is it in the tank or top of screen and how old is the bulb? This all needs to be on par or he will not eat --- surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer analog gauges are not accurate -- 95-100 we can start here
hey! he's actually doing a good bit better now! he slept on his basking rock last night so he was already out and he's been out all day! but ok here's the stuff about his cage-
his uvb is not a coil! it's a long one and it's less than 6 month old. he has the right heat so he's good on that. he's actually been eating ok tho, maybe i made it confusing? i meant that the reason he's been skipping meals and not having dreams recently is bea cause of me. it's not that he doesn't want to eat. (he's a little piggy who wants all the bugs ) for the longest time though he didn't want his greens but i reaserched it and i saw that a lot of juveniles don't like to eat them usually and you have to get them used to eating them. hope this helps! (P.S. the basking rock is a small hide right now, but i have a new one that i'll be putting in soon i just don't have it yet as it is wood and i'm making it myself lol)

Attachments

• A0F2DB08-080D-4FB7-9B33-6405D51AA196.jpeg
    A0F2DB08-080D-4FB7-9B33-6405D51AA196.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 67A2B266-1D34-4739-B431-6194175DB906.jpeg
    67A2B266-1D34-4739-B431-6194175DB906.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • D6B152A8-C9A8-45A3-A1B3-6F7DB4B4BF55.jpeg
    D6B152A8-C9A8-45A3-A1B3-6F7DB4B4BF55.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • EF41D84A-FAD9-4D45-845C-961EBB94A6D0.jpeg
    EF41D84A-FAD9-4D45-845C-961EBB94A6D0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9

BeardieSims

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum. Are you able to post some photos of your setup and dragon so we can help you assess what's wrong? Do you have a local vet you can take him too if you need to?
just did! also, yes we do! we live in a collage town and the collage has a really good vet school and they treat pretty much any animal you can think of (we've even brought my chinchilla there!)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hey! he's actually doing a good bit better now! he slept on his basking rock last night so he was already out and he's been out all day! but ok here's the stuff about his cage-
his uvb is not a coil! it's a long one and it's less than 6 month old. he has the right heat so he's good on that. he's actually been eating ok tho, maybe i made it confusing? i meant that the reason he's been skipping meals and not having dreams recently is bea cause of me. it's not that he doesn't want to eat. (he's a little piggy who wants all the bugs ) for the longest time though he didn't want his greens but i reaserched it and i saw that a lot of juveniles don't like to eat them usually and you have to get them used to eating them. hope this helps! (P.S. the basking rock is a small hide right now, but i have a new one that i'll be putting in soon i just don't have it yet as it is wood and i'm making it myself lol)
Please bring the uvb over his basking decor it needs to be directly over him - is the bulb a T 5 or a T 8? Distance is critical

Latest posts