• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

please help!!!

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok this is all i need to know please give me a list of how many of each of these insects should my juvenile 10 inches should eat give me the size of the insect also please! and tell me which one is bad to feed him too thanks i really apreciate ;D

1.dubias
2.crickets
3.wax worms
4.hornworms
5.phoenix worms
6.super worms

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Supers you should wait until he's 16 inches. wax worms should only be fed as a treat they are very fatty. Dubia and crix they can eat as many as they can in 10-15 mins. Horn and pheonix worms I'm not sure never used them

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok thanks! ;D can dubias be use as a staple? also how many can they eat in 10-15 minutes

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I use roaches as my staple and give crix as well. The amount they will eat in 10 -15 mins. varies from individual to individual, as well as how fast you supply the prey item. I have never done an actual individual count but feed them as many as they will take in 10 - 15 mins or till they stop eating if still within the time frame.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
A juvie generally eats between 25-75 maybe more depending on your dragon in ten mins. yoyo at that age would eat almost 100 sometimes.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The money depends on what you are feeding, and if you are breeding them, or ordering in bulk. If you are doing either of those, it is a lot cheaper.
In fact I started to breed dubia in January, spent about $100 and have not had to buy any feeders since then. And I have 4 dragons. Of course they are adults, so they are not eating as much as a baby would.

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Jiffy said:
The money depends on what you are feeding, and if you are breeding them, or ordering in bulk. If you are doing either of those, it is a lot cheaper.
In fact I started to breed dubia in January, spent about $100 and have not had to buy any feeders since then. And I have 4 dragons. Of course they are adults, so they are not eating as much as a baby would.
wow not bad! :) so when do dubias breed? and how many eggs can one female lay?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dubias will have their young, most of the year, with a short 2 month break. I started my "babies" out with roaches, but I had 9 geckos to feed along side those dragons.. I started my first colony in December of 08.
Reupped in Feb 09.
Re upped again in Sept 09.
Re upped again in Jan 10.
Re upped for the last time in May 10.

I have 5 bins of Dubia, approx number with new borns in each bin is around 7-10K.
I have to date, 4 adult dragons ( all brumating) 10 geckos (youngest hatched this fall.)

For one dragon, young at that.. Get as many adult pairs/trios as you can afford.
Give them 2-3 months to get down to business with proper husbandry, and that should hold you as your main staple for the life of this animal.

Each adult female can have 20-50 (depending on the age and size of said female) young every 28 days or so.

It takes around 5-6 months for babies to mature enough to reproduce in favorable conditions.
(For favorable conditions, check out the Roach thread at the top of the feeding topic.)
In a year, you should have excesses.
Hope this helps.

curtbone123

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
wow!! so how long you had your four bearded dragons? and i have to wait for 5-6 months for baby dubias be able to reproduce? isnt that kind of long especially when my dragon is hungry :-\

Latest posts