• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

please help

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
Please help

Attachments

• 1422501416914-1887298267.jpg
    1422501416914-1887298267.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
We were just dealing with the same issue with our Precious! Her poops didn't have the blood every time, but maybe 2-3 times a week. The blood was never mixed in with the poop but along the trail of poop just like your picture. But Precious had much bigger, chunkier loads than what's in your pic, lol.
Took her to the vet, unfortunately the first poop sample I brought in was too dry for them to test but the vet said he could see a lot of undigested material in it. He still wanted me to bring in a good poop sample but believed because she seemed to be in such good health, that I may be giving her more worms/bugs than she needed and was able to digest. But he also said she may be unable to fully digest her food because of parasites too. He gave me a cup to collect her next poop sample in.
A few days later I was able to turn in a good sample, it came back that she had a high count of coccidia. I had to treat her with meds for 3 days, wait 2 weeks and treat her again for another 3 days. There has been no more blood since.
I also thought it seemed odd that her belly would be round but as soon as she pooped, she'd get almost skinny again. She never kept a steady well rounded belly. But almost as soon as she started the meds, she's kept a steady roundness even after pooping.
So I would suggest getting your beardie to a vet. Because they'd never seen Precious before, they wouldn't let me just drop the sample off without seeing her first. But now that they've seen her, if I suspect parasites again, they said I'll be able to just drop off a poop sample now. Good luck!

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
I took her to the vet the day after I posted this she has a couple of pin worms and a high amount of flagellates so she's 9
om wormer and antibiotics the bill was 136$ I'm just happy my baby is getting better also doc said we will keep and eye out for coccidia she said she dint see any but next check up she will look and not matter what her heat doesn't go below 80 at night or 90 during the day

Latest posts