• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help :(

itsmissjones

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im still new to this so a bit freaked out to say the least. We got our beardie no more then 6 day's ago. Left her to settle and everything seemed fine, even managed to get her out and bath her. But out of nowhere tonight she's going mental. She was fine when i got home from work then around 7ish kept walking around her Viv scratching at one corner and now she's started bobbing her head at me as soon as im in view. She comes up and scratches at the glass but if i so much as look at her the bobbing starts and she's back on her log. What would bring this on suddenly?

Worried new owner
X

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How old is she? it can take them a couple of weeks to settle in. Do you have other animals? Can she see them? Is your vivarium open on all four sides? Try covering three of the sides with paper. She may just be establishing her territory. Do you turn off all the lights at night? You should. Got UVB? Heat during the day? Is she eating and pooping? Don't panic

itsmissjones

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Canike thanks for the reply.....so it turns out it may have been just her having a poop... she seems to do this routine, poops and settles down again. Also i think it might be where i was taking my nail varnish off and she probably didn't like the smell. She's currently in a 4ft wooden viv which is closed off except for the glass door at the front. No other pet's just our little Butter. She has a 60w habistat basking lamp and a long uv light at the back of the viv i think its a trixie reptiland . She also has a heat mat attached the the top of the viv on the cooler side as its bloody cold in England and keeps the viv at 21c at night. Her lights are on a timer. 12 hours on 12 hours off.

Latest posts