• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help -LLL reptile awaits my choice in lighting

kaiyla

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have three 40 gallon set ups, one for each of my beardies. I've been using the 10.0 ReptiSun but would love to try a mercury vapor uvb bulb. My question is, would that kind of bulb (say 100 watts) be too much for a 40 gallon tank? The beardies sit approximately 15" away from their light and there are mesh screens covering each tank.
Thanks for anyone who wants to help ;)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm partial to the ReptiSun 10.0. Can I ask why you want to switch?

kaiyla

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
When I used Mercury Vapor bulbs years ago, they seemed more active and looked a nit healtheir than they seem now.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It could be that you need to up your heat. The MVB gives off heat and UV all in one. The reptisun is just UV.

I used them in the past and didn't care for them. It was difficult regulating the temps with the different seasons. But that is my own personal experience. I know many are fans of them.

kaiyla

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I just went with the reptisun10.0
Figure I'll give the mercury bulbs some more thought before buying on a whim.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like a plan. When the reptisun 10.0 has finished its life cycle, then consider the MVB

Latest posts