• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help, is this normal shedding?

stoned philosopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
For the last 2 days Hamlet had a white front right arm. I assumed he was just shedding but now it is the second day and I'm just wondering if its normal. He shed completely about 3 months ago and this just doesn't seem the same.

Is this normal or should I be worried?

20140326_214534_resized.jpg
20140326_214542_resized.jpg
20140326_214548_resized.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How old is he? Kinda hard to tell from pics but although it may be disconcerting it is probably nothing about which to be overly concerned. I dont think there is a "normal" shed

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh its normal my Diego looks a lot like urs and thats how his legs r ar the min all 4 of them and the top of his head. Diegos stayed white for around 4-5 days b4 he staryed to shed it off. Plenty of baths n misting.

stoned philosopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you all for answer. He is about 4 months Id say. Its hard to tell since I got him from petco, they dont keep track of hatch days and such details, and I had him for about 2- 3 months (they really aren't great with reptiles, thats why I got 1 dragon, 3 cresteds and 2 leopards from them, just sad seeing them there, but cant get them all)

1 of my Cresteds had MBD and now has scoliosis and 1 of my leopards that I "rescued" died 3 days ago so I am just paying a lot of attention to all my reptile buddies and am probably just over reacting.

I know there is no normal shed since bearded's shed random parts of there body at different times unlike geckos. It just freaked me out.

Thanx again for the replies. And that is an adorable dragon Patsy

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thank you all for answer. He is about 4 months Id say. Its hard to tell since I got him from petco, they dont keep track of hatch days and such details, and I had him for about 2- 3 months (they really aren't great with reptiles, thats why I got 1 dragon, 3 cresteds and 2 leopards from them, just sad seeing them there, but cant get them all)

1 of my Cresteds had MBD and now has scoliosis and 1 of my leopards that I "rescued" died 3 days ago so I am just paying a lot of attention to all my reptile buddies and am probably just over reacting.

I know there is no normal shed since bearded's shed random parts of there body at different times unlike geckos. It just freaked me out.

I got all my critters from the pet store too. With my dragons I just assume they were a month old when I got them (at least I hope). Sorry about your Crested. Before we got our beardies we bought two leopard geckos from Petco and I think they were sick when we got them and they passed away a few months after we got them.

stoned philosopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got all my critters from the pet store too. With my dragons I just assume they were a month old when I got them (at least I hope). Sorry about your Crested. Before we got our beardies we bought two leopard geckos from Petco and I think they were sick when we got them and they passed away a few months after we got them.

Yeah, the crested is OK actually, he has scoliosis but that doesn't seem to affect him much, especially in captivity but Alberto (leopard) was really skinny and his tail was not fat at all when I got him and I had him for about a month before he passed. Reptiles are very fragile animals and I think I got very lucky with 3 out of 6 now 5 lizards that I have.

XxB4DT34M4T3xX

Hatchling Dragon

I just got a bearded dragon from petco That was horribly injured. She is completely contorted. I made a fuss and took her home for proper care today

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It's not. :( same as any pet shop I suppose. They just dump the animals in sub par conditions without veterinary checks or proper environment. It's a sales game. And the advice they give is ridiculous. Thankfully I do my research other places.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
When I first got into the herp hobby (well the second time if you count my childhood :)) I wanted to buy a pacman frog. I like to research things so I picked up a brochure/care sheet when I was at Petco and also signed up with a frog forum. I was surprised at how different the care recommendations were.

I read the forums, asked questions, and a few days later went with a local mom and pop store to get my frog. It's a good thing Petco was out of pacman frogs that day, otherwise I might have come home with poor choices for her setup.

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
Before I joined any forums on the saturday I get mine, I was at petsmart asking questions. first I happened to get the livestoc trainee who had to ask someone else my questions (granted they arent easy questions to answer as my mind is science based) here is the fun and ... portion of the conversation

"use the red basking light at night for 12 hours and that will similate the natural earth cycle"
"Natural earth cycle?"
"Yes"
"You do realize the earth heats up during the day not at night, right?"
"yes"
"How is that the natural cycle then?"
"let me take you to the guy who knows"

Latest posts