• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help! Found weird lumps on my beardie Marley and idk what it could be

Flo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello. My dragon is less than a year old and I've had him for 6 months exactly. I've never had any health issues with him until now. The other day I found these weird lumps on both of his sides and I have no idea what it could be. I'm obviously imagining the worst but hoping for the best. His eating and pooping habits haven't changed at all and he is still very active. His tank is in the correct temperatures, His uvb light is brand new and I dust his food. The only problem is those lumps. They feel like little balls on his sides and they're on the same exact spot on the other side. Somebody please help I don't want to lose him :/
IMG_5556.JPG

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would take him to the vet just to make sure it's not anything serious. My Allie had a lump on her chest, had it removed, aspirated, and biopsied. (Results aren't here yet.) Now a second lump has formed on or around her jaw line.

Flo

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would take him to the vet just to make sure it's not anything serious. My Allie had a lump on her chest, had it removed, aspirated, and biopsied. (Results aren't here yet.) Now a second lump has formed on or around her jaw line.
wow I'm sorry about that :( I hope she gets better. I am looking for a veterinarian that specializes in reptiles around my area. I want to make sure he gets the best help he could possibly get. And as soon as I get my paycheck I'm making an appointment. I just really hope it's nothing serious.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I took her to a vet that does specialize in exotics and she did all the work to remove it. I certainly hope it's not cancer. The baby's only two years old and I don't want to lose her. She's like my baby and I'm really attached to her. I've started taking donations for any other medical bills she may have in the future.

petcaring.com

There's got to be a vet that does. Check around google.

Flo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Aw I feel the same way. I hope everything goes well. I have been checking google and I need to make a few phone calls. Thank you <3

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You're welcome. My old vet wouldn't even take a needle to her lump and aspirate it to see what it was. She treated her with an antibiotic cream for burns. So I hope I'm not too late. So hello new vet. She didn't like the way it looked.

Flo

Bearded Dragon Egg
You're welcome. My old vet wouldn't even take a needle to her lump and aspirate it to see what it was. She treated her with an antibiotic cream for burns. So I hope I'm not too late. So hello new vet. She didn't like the way it looked.
Oh that's awful. That is the reason why I'm being very picky when it comes to choosing a vet for Marley.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wasn't sure if I should keep applying that cream or not. So, I stopped anyway when I discovered it growing despite the cream. I'm very lucky though. Allie would've probably been worse than before. Now this new lump has me worried.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I was lucky the vet I found treats all the animals at Niabi Zoo (local zoo here) so hopefully she knows what shes doing lol. She scoped him out from nose to tail and gave me tons of info she printed out:)

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Ummm...now I'm kinda worried. Banyon has shapes similar to this on both his sides, in the same location, although not as large.

davedragon10

Hatchling Dragon
Is he eating and pooping on the regular? ?
What substrate are u using?

Im starting to wonder if its impaction?

What did the vet say?

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
His eating slowed before he began brumation...and I havent made an appt. for this issue..how can I take him anywhere if he's brumating? Do I artificially interupt it? Is that ok? The last (and first) time I had him to the vet was shortly after I got him he had worms. Substrate is that green turf like stuff...not the kind that is thick and looks like moss but the other kind. Before he started slowing down he was eating and pooping regular. Its always been a battle to get ANY kind of veggies down him tho. I've heard too much protein can cause problems

davedragon10

Hatchling Dragon
I just noticed . Its u on both threads. Putting those two together, I woul deff go to the vet.

Impaction can be cuased by other things, not just eating substrate. Click the link in my sig. U should find more info there.

But take the tike to the vet

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
So I turned on his lights and he opened his eyes and lifted his head. Took him out and got a few pics of his sides. I will say that from about midway down his sides to the base of his tail, feels the same to the touch...kinda hard and lumpy like you're running your fingers down a ribcage on an animal. His back legs are working fine. There is no lump on his back near his spine. I am getting his temps, both hot side and cool, up. I will begin warm soaks and massage gently to see if he will pass anything. I have a hard time getting his mouth open on my own but if my husband will help, I will have two hands free and he can use a dropper to give a couple drops of oil as I read to do in the article. ANY INPUT OR SUGGETIONS PLEASE? Based on my reading I may heave mistaken impaction for brumation?

Attachments

• 2013-12-08 13.26.53.jpg
    2013-12-08 13.26.53.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 218
  • 2013-12-08 13.27.08.jpg
    2013-12-08 13.27.08.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 204
  • 2013-12-08 13.26.31.jpg
    2013-12-08 13.26.31.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 202

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Keep massaging his belly. It doesn't like the lump Allie had at all.

What has he been eating? Anything bigger than the space between his eyes?

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Well the superworms are obviously longer than the space between his eyes but hasnt had one of those I quite awhile. Anyway they're not really big superworms so really no...I dont think eating something too big is the problem. If anything not eating enough veggies may be tho. SOOO happy to hear its maybe not as critical as I feared. I rearranged elevated his cage basking area, its115 now. He's loving it.

davedragon10

Hatchling Dragon
That looks bad. Is he able to move his hind legs?

I would take him to the vet.
Try the oil. Upping the heat was a good idea. But ultimately ull need a vet

Latest posts