• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help, EMERGENCY. SICK NEGLECT CASE. MA AREA

ZoeyTheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Please have the owner get him into a bath and see if he will drink he is either dehydrated or kidney issues going on w/ the bulging eyes- if he starts drinking really fast pull him or he will aspirate--- you do not want that-- have them give him bath time before he goes to bed and time enough to warm back up
she hasn't touched him in seven years I'll have to do it when I get home. He'd be so much better in a new home I really hope the owner will let me rehome him

ZoeyTheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Honestly was expecting worse but he does look to be a decent weight and is at least basking which is really good news. As much as he’s really needing a bath I really wouldn’t trust the owner to do that maybe ask them to mist him with a spray bottle. The eye bulging could be a couple of things basically though it is caused by them opening a valve behind their eyes and filling the space around their eyes with blood. Either when they are shedding, sometimes a health issue and some beardies will do it simply because they are board. This valve can break preventing the blood from ever being drained again and therefor their eyes will stay bulging. That being said it may not be a health condition (here’s hoping). But truly there is a lot of hope for him and as long as you can get him out of there that’ll do him wonders. He is such a cutie ❤️
I think he's gained a little bit of weight since I saw him last which is great. They refuse to touch him and he only just now got off his diet of mostly dehydrated crickets and lettuce and is now having calcium and multivitamins. I'll try to bathe him when I get home and will talk to the owners about rehoming :) he also just got new lights and a uvb for the first time in years I'm assuming so that's good

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I think he's gained a little bit of weight since I saw him last which is great. They refuse to touch him and he only just now got off his diet of mostly dehydrated crickets and lettuce and is now having calcium and multivitamins. I'll try to bathe him when I get home and will talk to the owners about rehoming :) he also just got new lights and a uvb for the first time in years I'm assuming so that's good
That is awesome he’s definitely doing better now than before maybe ask them to put a small container of water in there. Even though they can’t see still water at least there’s a small chance he’ll stumble upon it and drink some of it, fingers crossed though on that. If you can maybe offer them a small revoking fee for him, sometimes that’ll make them more inclined to rehome him. Or say something along the lines that you’ll give home to a rescue or something for them. When it comes to this just make them happy in any form even if it requires so many lies.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Was the UVB switched out to a tube or does he still have the coil?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think it is a coil. I knoe theyre bad but if the owners won't rehome I'll get him a tube
He needs a Zoo Med 24" fixture w/a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 --- let me know how it goes -- this dragon needs help BADLY

Monstermug

Hatchling Dragon
It looks like he must have been given vitamin d supplements as the MBD doesn't look too bad for 7 years of this condition. Doesn't look like a lost cause however.

Beardielove363

Hatchling Dragon
Do you know of any company's that will transport a beardie and please let me know if they decide to rehome him or her if I can get to it I have a wonderful reptile guy I know who could help me work with him or her.