• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help! Diarrhea

BigHoss

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 10 month old dragon has had diarrhea since I got her a month ago. The previous owner was a young kid who couldn’t take care of her anymore and said she takes huge poops. Well now I know what he means. She has gone about once a week. Could it be stress? She acts normal and attacks her food right away. I feed her dubias, crickets, super worms and greens. The one she did last week was huge and mostly wet. I have searched bearded dragon poop charts and never seen anything this big or textured. I have been giving her baths to hydrate her. Today I came home to a decent sized one and very watery. I’ll show gross pic and can someone tell me if it’s ok? There’s only two exotic vets near me and they are almost two month out. The exotic vet only comes in twice a week I guess. It smells too. I could smell it about 25 feet away on my couch. Setup is ideal. 100 watt basking at 105 degrees and T5 10.0 zoo med HO.

Warning: gross picture

Attachments

• C9452766-E773-482A-B8BB-35DABA43B6FB.jpeg
    C9452766-E773-482A-B8BB-35DABA43B6FB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 5123C987-A404-4D69-AD96-E45F86DC00FD.jpeg
    5123C987-A404-4D69-AD96-E45F86DC00FD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • C286A83C-C547-4B50-BD68-7CFA599111C7.jpeg
    C286A83C-C547-4B50-BD68-7CFA599111C7.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My 10 month old dragon has had diarrhea since I got her a month ago. The previous owner was a young kid who couldn’t take care of her anymore and said she takes huge poops. Well now I know what he means. She has gone about once a week. Could it be stress? She acts normal and attacks her food right away. I feed her dubias, crickets, super worms and greens. The one she did last week was huge and mostly wet. I have searched bearded dragon poop charts and never seen anything this big or textured. I have been giving her baths to hydrate her. Today I came home to a decent sized one and very watery. I’ll show gross pic and can someone tell me if it’s ok? There’s only two exotic vets near me and they are almost two month out. The exotic vet only comes in twice a week I guess. It smells too. I could smell it about 25 feet away on my couch. Setup is ideal. 100 watt basking at 105 degrees and T5 10.0 zoo med HO.

Warning: gross picture
Ok it could be just her but the poop looks like she has undigested bugs in it --- how are you taking the basking temps? NO stick ons please you want a surface basking temp of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- place the probe on the spot where she sits to bask and then get the temp - next your UVB is it a T 5 or a T 8?

BigHoss

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok it could be just her but the poop looks like she has undigested bugs in it --- how are you taking the basking temps? NO stick ons please you want a surface basking temp of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- place the probe on the spot where she sits to bask and then get the temp - next your UVB is it a T 5 or a T 8?

BigHoss

Bearded Dragon Egg
It does look like undigested bugs. Basking temps are 105 taken with probe thermometer. The yellow zoo med one. I also have a temp gun that I always check temps with. And I go have a T5 bulb 10.0. The guy I got her from was just using a 5.0.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It does look like undigested bugs. Basking temps are 105 taken with probe thermometer. The yellow zoo med one. I also have a temp gun that I always check temps with. And I go have a T5 bulb 10.0. The guy I got her from was just using a 5.0.
Ok so the 10.0 bulb is a T 5 or a T 8 please look on the bulb itself look for the T 5 or T 8 it makes a difference in placement and distance -- are you using a clear bright white basking bulb? NO daytime bulbs please or off white or yellowish bulbs --

BigHoss

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so the 10.0 bulb is a T 5 or a T 8 please look on the bulb itself look for the T 5 or T 8 it makes a difference in placement and distance -- are you using a clear bright white basking bulb? NO daytime bulbs please or off white or yellowish bulbs --
It’s a T5 10.0 bulb. I am using a clear zoomed basking bulb. The Reptisun.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s a T5 10.0 bulb. I am using a clear zoomed basking bulb. The Reptisun.
Ok so your screen looks wide holed type being that said please get a piece of decor directly under the UVB 8-10 inches -- then lets work on getting rid of the undigested bugs - lets start w / cutting one or two of those bugs out for now lets cut the super worms and crickets out first leave just the salads and dubias in for now - I want to see if she digesting them all the first - salads I am posting a nutrition website start feeding some different stuff of that and see if the diarrheas' continues --- its good shes got water content so shes not dehydrated -- ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
to me it looks more like undigested bugs rather than diarrhea-- feed only the dubais for a few days watch the bugs - if shes digesting those all the way then its not them -- then stop the dubia and feed the crickets we want to narrow it down to what shes not digesting all the way

BigHoss

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so your screen looks wide holed type being that said please get a piece of decor directly under the UVB 8-10 inches -- then lets work on getting rid of the undigested bugs - lets start w / cutting one or two of those bugs out for now lets cut the super worms and crickets out first leave just the salads and dubias in for now - I want to see if she digesting them all the first - salads I am posting a nutrition website start feeding some different stuff of that and see if the diarrheas' continues --- its good shes got water content so shes not dehydrated -- ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
to me it looks more like undigested bugs rather than diarrhea-- feed only the dubais for a few days watch the bugs - if shes digesting those all the way then its not them -- then stop the dubia and feed the crickets we want to narrow it down to what shes not digesting all the way
Ok I get it. Makes sense! I will try starting today. Thank you Sadie

Latest posts