• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fleur

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our precious Rascal is suddenly not moving. His beard is dark— I’m going to post photos but he was healthy as a horse! He has always been EXTREMELY active & suddenly he is just not moving - not responding to his beloved crickets - not drinking - I gave him a bath & no poop so I don’t think he has a compaction issue. Is this brumination????

Anyone who knows please inform me whether I need to rush him to the vet or not. I am so so so so so worried about our precious baby, Rascal.

In the final photo of him playing on my daughter’s head— he was a bit younger but that gives you a good idea of his normal color.
Thank you for any help or insight!!!!

Attachments

• 2B5D6B63-D642-4EAF-B3BF-0247AA2A35D1.jpeg
    2B5D6B63-D642-4EAF-B3BF-0247AA2A35D1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • BA0C25ED-D178-43BF-9260-39392C889218.jpeg
    BA0C25ED-D178-43BF-9260-39392C889218.jpeg
  • 61D35F75-A926-40BC-BE1E-DB80F20C7818.jpeg
    61D35F75-A926-40BC-BE1E-DB80F20C7818.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • 05237155-4612-4EE6-B804-413EFD0F436C.jpeg
    05237155-4612-4EE6-B804-413EFD0F436C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • 6743395E-D40A-478F-882D-EA3E96EB3541.jpeg
    6743395E-D40A-478F-882D-EA3E96EB3541.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • 912DF894-97CB-499D-9DE7-1314C3801F9D.jpeg
    912DF894-97CB-499D-9DE7-1314C3801F9D.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Our precious Rascal is suddenly not moving. His beard is dark— I’m going to post photos but he was healthy as a horse! He has always been EXTREMELY active & suddenly he is just not moving - not responding to his beloved crickets - not drinking - I gave him a bath & no poop so I don’t think he has a compaction issue. Is this brumination????

Anyone who knows please inform me whether I need to rush him to the vet or not. I am so so so so so worried about our precious baby, Rascal.

In the final photo of him playing on my daughter’s head— he was a bit younger but that gives you a good idea of his normal color.
he looks dehydrated please either put him in a bath or drop water on his nose or feed him w/ a eye dropper --- please go over the basking temps and how your taking them NO stick ons they are inaccurate - UVB are you using a coil or a long tube fixture? Where is the UVB? this things I am asking is extremely important to the overall health and behavior of the dragon--- if your using a coil you need to get rid of it --- they are inadequate and it sounds like a characteristic of MBD w/ him not moving all of a sudden --- when did he eat last?

Fleur

Bearded Dragon Egg
he looks dehydrated please either put him in a bath or drop water on his nose or feed him w/ a eye dropper --- please go over the basking temps and how your taking them NO stick ons they are inaccurate - UVB are you using a coil or a long tube fixture? Where is the UVB? this things I am asking is extremely important to the overall health and behavior of the dragon--- if your using a coil you need to get rid of it --- they are inadequate and it sounds like a characteristic of MBD w/ him not moving all of a sudden --- when did he eat last?
I tried to give him his regular feed yesterday and he was literally letting the crickets crawl all over him when he usually goes crazy and devours them all! I knew something was definitely wrong at that time so I took him to the sink and gave him a very long/warm bath. No poop happened but he was super relaxed. It didn’t seem to change his super lethargic state much.
I will immediately put him in a bath now, too. I don’t use coil lighting I appreciate you soo much

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tried to give him his regular feed yesterday and he was literally letting the crickets crawl all over him when he usually goes crazy and devours them all! I knew something was definitely wrong at that time so I took him to the sink and gave him a very long/warm bath. No poop happened but he was super relaxed. It didn’t seem to change his super lethargic state much.
I will immediately put him in a bath now, too. I don’t use coil lighting I appreciate you soo much
What are you using and where in the tank is it? Brand and bulb please - are you using a MVB ? if so I need the info of what exactly your using

Fleur

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are you using and where in the tank is it? Brand and bulb please - are you using a MVB ? if so I need the info of what exactly your using
Ok had to get my husband to figure out Al the lights responding with lighting now…

Fleur

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok had to get my husband to figure out Al the lights responding with lighting now…
The one pictures runs the length of his 50 gal. thank. Then he has a THRIVE 50 W 110 V & 1 exoterra basking spot 126V

Attachments

• 50F11028-7081-46BD-92CE-4F0A63FE286B.jpeg
    50F11028-7081-46BD-92CE-4F0A63FE286B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The one pictures runs the length of his 50 gal. thank. Then he has a THRIVE 50 W 110 V & 1 exoterra basking spot 126V
Ok the 5.0 bulb needs to be replaced w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --- I would put it in the tank or NO screen w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- if you need help hanging in the tank ask I will post some stuff to do that w/ --- next basking temps need to be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer that is a MUST -- NO stickons ------- they are inaccurate --- his poop should be dark firm and moist --- urate white firm and moist extra water is good NO chalky dried out looking then hes dehydrated -----------

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got a response back from a good experience person and this is what she has said and asked
He looks pretty bad and this would not be from a lighting issue so suddenly. Post pics of the entire tank. Does he roam outside of the tank ? f so he may have swallowed something off the floor, it can happen in an instant, hair scrunchy, make up, lop gloss, tiny toys, rubber band ,coin, even from off the bed. Has he been exposed to anything different or new at all ? Probably best to see a vet ASAP for xrays.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the thrive basking bulb is it a solid bulb or a coil bulb ? NO coils please you want a CLEAR bright white basking bulb that keeps temps to what I posted --- here is a an example of what you should be using
Exo Terra Intense basking bulb --- https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...nse-basking-spot-light-14809.html?cgid=500202 I am thinking your basking temps are not high enough w/ the 50 watt --- also the temps need to be surface temps not air temps the probe needs to sit on the spot where he basks

Fleur

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think it’s too late. Thank for trying. This awful. Oh god. I wish I would’ve taken him straight in. He’s still. I don’t think he’s breathing.

Fleur

Bearded Dragon Egg
Completely shattered right now & will have a lot of tears to dry when my kids get home. Thank you so much for trying

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Completely shattered right now & will have a lot of tears to dry when my kids get home. Thank you so much for trying
I am so sorry --- :( -- these things happen so suddenly -- the thing is dragons will not let you know when they are ill - they hide their illness - its a instinct thing -- please go over the post I dont know exactly what happened here but its best to try and get some sense out of it - and the not knowing why or what is the worst --- how long did Rascal have the black beard ? I know he was in distress but it was not a full blown on black beard -- I feel for your kids too --- it will be hard on them as well --- we get so attached to them --- again I am so sorry for your Rascal

Ruby Sue

Bearded Dragon Egg
I think it’s too late. Thank for trying. This awful. Oh god. I wish I would’ve taken him straight in. He’s still. I don’t think he’s breathing.
Did he die? I just got this alert to my email so I haven't been present in the conversation!

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member

Hi we rescue and rehome!! Have u changed the UVB light?? This light needs changing religiously every “6” Months otherwise the Beardie wiol have no energy, weak bones and unable to eat. Also, u need to use proper UVB, the correct and best one is the Reptisun 10.0 T5 it’s a long tubular bulb; order on Amazon or go to a speacialty reptile store. The length u order should cover 70 percent of the tank. Also baths twice per week for 15min minimum in Luke warm dechlorinated water. Buy Reptisafe they are liqueur drops u place in bathing. Water To remove the chlorine. Also, both the heat lamp amd UVb need to be on for 12 hours in the winter & 14 in the summer. The best heat bulb is Zoomed. Also remove any sand substrate it impacts them & DONOT feed mealworms it impacts them also & destroys their tummy. Please make sure the dragon is not out of his cage for more than 30min to an hour per day. They need their heat and UVB. If he’s still in bad shape take him to a good reptile vet. But making and correcting the above should fix him. Also consider getting a bigger tank & he needs a hideaway to get away from the Uvb light when he wants and a fleece blanket they love it to snuggle and sleep on; they like comfy like we humans do. Also at night all lights Off. Never ever use colored or coiled bulbs. U can buy a 60 watt ceramic heat emitter to use in the winter if the temp drops below 70. Here’s a pic of my tanks, a few rescues that I kept. Also pics of the UVB light & powders to buy. Oh and make sure u are using calcium powder sprinkled “lightly” like salt on fries 2-3 times per week once per day on the feeders or greens & once a week on a non calcium day; sprinkle the herptivite.

Attachments

• 3B1FE095-6809-4D66-989C-752CCA65901F.jpeg
    3B1FE095-6809-4D66-989C-752CCA65901F.jpeg
    796.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 510BF62F-00D6-41F8-A630-20FBCFF18617.jpeg
    510BF62F-00D6-41F8-A630-20FBCFF18617.jpeg
    686 KB · Views: 16
  • 9C2CB7BB-2FF0-4B48-9061-A6B077AE56FF.jpeg
    9C2CB7BB-2FF0-4B48-9061-A6B077AE56FF.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • C0CBBC95-FDDC-4E65-85FD-2205874D5785.jpeg
    C0CBBC95-FDDC-4E65-85FD-2205874D5785.jpeg